What is the greatest Superhero movie of all time?

Pier Six Brawler

Greatest Superhero film of all time?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Another one for Superman 2. A fantastic family film.

Yep, stick me down for this too. And that the reason why it is the best, it was made for families, not fanboys.

Exactly. And it was made for people who wanted to watch a good film, not for people who wanted to see an accurate adaptation of some written and/or illustrated story. That's the way it should always be, too - Stanley Kubrick taught us all that with The Shining.

From that list, definitely Tim Burton's Batman. Really great film, though it makes me sad now as it reminds me how fucking terrible Burton has become.

• Moderators
Cant say I like most of the OP choice of movies in the list, how does xmen even get in there? They were all shit apart from new class imo.

Was New Class the recent prequelly kinda one? I thought that was really good; like you say definitely the best of the bunch.. shame it probably didn't get much shine because of the ones that preceeded it.

• Paid Members

X-Men was shit. I got dragged to see it by my best mates who are massive fans of the comic book and even they thought it was shit, and not because of the usual comic book nerd rage reasons for the costumes not being the right colour or some such shite. It was just proper boring and nothing more than a set-up for a franchise rather than being a proper film in its own right.

X-Men was shit. I got dragged to see it by my best mates who are massive fans of the comic book and even they thought it was shit, and not because of the usual comic book nerd rage reasons for the costumes not being the right colour or some such shite. It was just proper boring and nothing more than a set-up for a franchise rather than being a proper film in its own right.

The scenes between Xavier and Magneto were great though. So much so that they highlight how crap all the other actors are.

Was New Class the recent prequelly kinda one? I thought that was really good; like you say definitely the best of the bunch.. shame it probably didn't get much shine because of the ones that preceeded it.

Yeap that's the one, and yeah it didn't get the praise it deserves thanks to the 3 shit Xmen movies before it, 4 if you included Wolverine, New Class would be the 5th in the series, of course after years of crap movies, any interest in more Xmen movies were killed, by the time New Class came out nobody gave a fuck, cant say I blame them, even I didn't bother with it till it came on DVD because I thought it was going to be the same crap.

Shame as well because New Class really is good, I bet if it had Nolan's name on it, people would be raving on about how he saved the franchise blah blah, but I think the Xmen Franchise will be taking a very long dormant sleep for now.

Archived