Summer Festivals 2012

Harvey Dent

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added to Hevy Fest:

Hundred Reasons (performing the 'Ideas Above Our Station' album in full)

Ignite

7 Seconds

Lower Than Atlantis

Vinnie Caruana (I Am The Avalanche and The Movielife acoustic set)

Bury Tomorrow

Suis La Lune

Lewd Acts

Worms Feed

Pacer

Martyr Defiled

The Smoking Hearts

Landscapes

The Long Haul

Our Time Down

Line-Up so far

• Paid Members

Soooo, who's heading to Donnington today or tomorrow?

The weather's looking pretty grim all weekend which is shit, but ive just gone and bought myself a waterproof suit so fuck it.

Gonna be good.

• Paid Members
Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to go down well at Bloodstock, and hope that the elitists get it stuck to them. It just seems weird that they're to announce it 2 days before Machine Head play another festival

If Bloodstock was in any other country in Europe, Manowar would be the kind of band to have this headliner announcement for, and would be a logical booking for Bloodstock. But as their tour over here last November showed, there is an audience for them , but it is much smaller than the band think it is as they couldn't even sellout O2 Academy sized venues.

See, ive been to Bloodstock 4 times now and all the talk of an elitest crowd is nonsence. If you go on the festivals forum it is full of elitest cretins who like to bitch and moan but when you're there's no hint of that. I've personally always found that the more straight forward bands get the best reaction. The weird power metal bands have a strong following but i always find it thins out when them kind of bands play.

The only band that had any kind of shit was Cradle of Filth.

Machine Head would go down a storm.

We're heading down tomorrow.

Hit the road at about 9:00 to drive from Hull to get to my friends house in Ilkeston for about 11:00. From there bus to Derby Train Station to get the Shuttle-Bus. If all goes to plan I reckon we'll be there and set up around 1:30

• Paid Members
Soooo, who's heading to Donnington today or tomorrow?

The weather's looking pretty grim all weekend which is shit, but ive just gone and bought myself a waterproof suit so fuck it.

Gonna be good.

Heading down Friday morning. Weather looks a bit grim for Friday, decent for Saturday & Sunday looks OK til' later on. I'm still quietly hoping for a re-run of 2009, when it forecast rain for the entire festival, hammered it down until late Thurssday night & was then glorious all weekend.

I'm going Friday, but I'm pussying out an have a hotel. We were originally only going 2 days, but got a weekend no camping ticket. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Looking forward to it, already got drenched as Soundgarden's Berlin gig last week, let's see what you've got this week rain! I'm particularly looking forward to Metallica, Soundgarden, Sabbath, Refused and Tenacious D. Luckily the clashes are pretty good for me this year, it's only Refused/ Megadeth being a bit of a bitch.

• Paid Members

We always do the hotel thing for Download, being so close to Derby with such good transport links it's crazy not to IMO.

Booked the hotel straight after last years festival, got it for

• Paid Members

Get on it for next year! For some fests it's pretty inconvenient as the site might be quite a way out from the nearest town/city but for Download it's ideal. Some people will give it 'the camping is the best part' & 'it's not a festival if you don't camp' but they're usually the shivering fuckers in wet clothes slogging 3 crates of lager 4 miles from their cars ;)

• Paid Members

haha, i think this Download will be my 15th full weekend camp at a Festival so i've paid my f'n dues, i want comfort god damnit!

The weather is looking horrid today and tomorrow, but not bad for Saturday and Sunday. Guess that's better than shit all weekend.

Archived