Summer Festivals 2012

Harvey Dent

Also, do they need the Lock Up stage anymore, seen as we now Download, Sonisphere and Bloodstock pretty much covering every kind of metal/punk you could want?

Yes. Download, Sonisphere and Bloodstock are shitty festivals if you're looking for good punk music. Mike Davies always delivers a cracking lineup with the Lock Up stage. I'd be happy to pay the full price for that stage alone some years. It'd be a shame if it disappeared.

Dont even know why I mentioned Bloodstock in that last post as obviously they don't cater to a punk crowd at all.

Meanwhile, this is the latest on the Bloodstock Saturday night headliner:

"Due to circumstances beyond the organizers control

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The problem with Reading/Leeds is that it's not a bunch of people having a good time and it gets a bit wild, it's people trying their absolute hardest to be wild. That's less fun, and far more dangerous.

I just want to chill out, watch some bands, drink a few beers and be left the fuck alone.

to be fair, when i went to Reading/Leeds (i did 7 years on the bounce), i actually kinda liked the craziness of it all. I was there for the infamous Leeds riots and stuff, crazy, quite scary but definitly memorable.

Having said that, nowadays i'd probably hate it. I'm going to Download this year and im actually dreading to the camping experience. I've been to Bloodstock the last 4 years and that festival is just so much more easy going. I aint been to a big festival since 05 so im not looking forward to the vastness of it all.

• Paid Members

I think Leeds Fest 07 ended with people picking up other peoples tents and chucking them into a fire.

Came back that night after RHCP to hear a mate go "Where are my fucking clothes."

Couldn't be arsed doing a whole weekend again so now if nothing is going on we get a few of us and jump wall and check in on after hours stuff.

The problem with Reading/Leeds is that it's not a bunch of people having a good time and it gets a bit wild, it's people trying their absolute hardest to be wild. That's less fun, and far more dangerous.

I just want to chill out, watch some bands, drink a few beers and be left the fuck alone.

to be fair, when i went to Reading/Leeds (i did 7 years on the bounce), i actually kinda liked the craziness of it all. I was there for the infamous Leeds riots and stuff, crazy, quite scary but definitly memorable.

Having said that, nowadays i'd probably hate it. I'm going to Download this year and im actually dreading to the camping experience. I've been to Bloodstock the last 4 years and that festival is just so much more easy going. I aint been to a big festival since 05 so im not looking forward to the vastness of it all.

I was at Leeds the of the so called 'riots' also, 2002 the last year at Temple Newsom. It wasnt so much riot as people acting like cunts.

I've only been to Download the once 2 years ago, but enjoyed that camping experience a hell of alot more than Leeds. Aside from a small group of dickheads near where we camping, it was alot enjoyable

I'm going to Download this year and im actually dreading to the camping experience. I've been to Bloodstock the last 4 years and that festival is just so much more easy going. I aint been to a big festival since 05 so im not looking forward to the vastness of it all.

Camping at Download is nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be, i've been the last two years(and i'll be there again this year) and my mate has been going for the last five years and neither of us have ever had a bad experience camping-wise.

Download isn't bad for camping at all, just parts of red and blue camps are full of young kids who are away from their parents for the first time. The smaller camp areas are a lot more chilled out. Sonisphere was really chilled out, it seemed to attract a more mature crowd.

• Awards Moderator
Im kinda getting fucked off with Hard Rock Calling and their lack of announcements. Its a fucking joke.

They must have heard you. John Fogerty (woo) and Lady Antebellum (meh) just announced for Saturday, next headliner announced on Monday morning.

• Awards Moderator

Another Hard Rock Calling update, Sunday headliner confirmed as Paul Simon (which will include a full performance of Graceland) with Alison Krauss & Union Station also playing. Not bad.

EDIT: Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Jimmy Cliff also playing on the Sunday.

Archived