Summer Festivals 2012

Harvey Dent

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly a festival but last year, Transmission from Jodrell Bank was the best thing I've seen. It was billed as "Where science and music meet". The Flaming Lips headlined and it was perfect, all in the shadow of the Lowell Telescope Dish.

You can imagine my disappointment when they announced Elbow and Paul Weller for this year. Ah well, Flaming Lips are headlining the Saturday for Parklife in Manchester so I shall go to that instead.

My mrs is gay for the Defiled, I ended up seeing them last halloween, they're pretty dull metalcore. Since they;ve been announced for Download she wants to go, whilst I'm looking forward to Sonisphere again this year, though this years download lineup is an improvement on last year.

• Paid Members

The Prodigy have played Download several times, the last in 09' when they headlined 2nd stage. They always get a massive response & since selling out Milton Keynes bowl are a legit headliner. They requested Chase & Status play below them, Machine Head were offered the 2nd stage headliner slot but wanted to play on the main stage. Hence why they're 3rd down the bill (but getting a longer set than that spot normally offers).

Another Sonisphere announcement on the Radio 1 rock show tonight.

After what seems like ages of nothing, Hundred Reasons have an announcement tonight. Which i'm sure no-one else cares about but im hoping they're announcing a tour and maybe Sonisphere apperance.

Archived