Summer Festivals 2012

Harvey Dent

I really like Chase & Status, but are they not a little out of place on that festival?

Come on Dent, aren't you going to chuck Global Gathering into your original post? I'll do the digging around for all the details if you want. It is a pretty big festival, just exclusive to dance music.

Sure man, I'll stick it in. I did change it a while ago but I never mentioned Oxegen is off this year, sorry Ireland.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cool, cheers bro. Nobody announced yet- dates are 27-28 July (Fri & Sat). They don't usually announce the full line-up until March, and they don't even give a few names as a teaser before hand.

Justice are rumoured to appear. As for headliners, there aren't many massive names they can use that haven't already headlined at Global. Chemical Brothers are the obvious stand-outs, although David Guetta would certainly the biggest name they can have as the top act- given the fact he has monopolised the charts on both sides of the pond over the past couple of years. Got I hate him. Another act that might now be big enough to headline are the Swedes, although they've been pretty much every GG though so it won't be as big a deal.

The Metropolis stage from last summer will be a much bigger deal, given the rise in Dubstep since then. Last year had Nero, Chase & Status, Sub Focus & Skrillex (to name a few)- even using those acts again would be pretty damn big seeing as they have all seen their stock rise rapidly over the past several months.

To give an idea of previous headline acts (since they really started using a 'main stage'):

2011- Pendulum, Tinie Tempah

2010- Dizzee Rascal, Faithless

2009- Prodigy, Orbital

2008- Moby, Kanye West

2007- Basement Jaxx, Faithless

2006- Daft Punk, Groove Armada, Fatboy Slim (Wow, hows that for a headline selection!)

2005- Underworld, Tiesto

• Paid Members

Not at all, I think it's a tremendous announcement. Copping's confirmed on Twitter than YM@6 are the only 2nd stage headliner, Machine Head will play under Chase & Status and Tenacious D will be under Biffy. I'm curious as to who the 2nd stage headliner will be for the Friday?

Sonisphere's first headliner is one of the following:

Van Halen

Paramore

Tool

Rage Against The Machine

Rush

Foo Fighters

Avenged Sevenfold

Faith No More

Kiss

Iron Maiden

Blink 182

Anyone care to take a guess? No announcement date yet, just more fannying about by festivals as usual.

t'll be KISS I reckon. New album coming and they did say they'll be playing festivals. They might be throwing a curveball and have another in there though.

Van Halen or Tool are others that stand out as possibles to me.

I thought Van Halen had been ruled out - i thought i read that they were on tour in america around the time of sonisphere?

One of the wildest rumors i heard for Sonisphere was The Rolling Stones!! True its their 50th anniversary this year and they are prob going to do some shows. But I can't imagine its Soni, unless they have some kind of nostalgia for Knebworth and ticket prices go up by about

Im heading to Bloodstock again this year, probably the best festival I've been to in terms of value and organisation, looking forward to Deicide, Anvil, Alice Cooper and Dimmu Borgir.

Archived