Summer Festivals 2012

Harvey Dent

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year when I looked at the main stage lineup, I thought to myself "I want to see all but two of those bands". I'm looking at that and thinking that there's only two bands I'd go out of my way to see on main stage, and three on the second stage. It's pretty uninspiring stuff.

I reckon the choices for the sub-headliners are shocking as well. The Black Keys are a good band, but sub-headliner?

Would only watch Foo Fighters, Azealia Banks, Crystal Castles and Enter Shikari. Possibly Band of Skulls and Eagles of Death Metal but that's it really. Disappointing. I was kind of expecting more.

• Paid Members

I'm going to go on the Sunday purely for Justice, everything else will just be a fun sideshow. Pretty fucking shit lineup overall though.

In fact I'd say every festival this year has a pretty crappy lineup.

Great Reading line-up for me.

Three of my absolute favourite bands playing across the weekend (Coheed, ATDI, Foos) as well as bands like A+A, Paramore, Maccabees, Florence, ATL and Black Keys that i'm looking forward to watching.

Though, and I couldn't give a fuck if anyone judges me, the last time I went to Reading I had a lit tent threw on top of mine and had someone not screamed at me to get out I'd have been fucked, so i've sprung for a travelodge. Fuck camping.

• Paid Members
Though, and I couldn't give a fuck if anyone judges me, the last time I went to Reading I had a lit tent threw on top of mine and had someone not screamed at me to get out I'd have been fucked, so i've sprung for a travelodge. Fuck camping.

I fucking hate camping at Reading. Never have I ever been surrounded by such a huge number of epic knobheads.

• Paid Members

I fucking hate camping at Reading. Never have I ever been surrounded by such a huge number of epic knobheads.

You should try camping at Leeds. It's mong central.

• Paid Members

Reading just appears to be filled with 18 year olds who have never got drunk before and spend the whole night shouting "Let's go fucking mental" over and over again. Or someone will start banging on a metal pole and scores of the pricks will dance around it because they are so "crazy" and "alternative".

• Moderators

Last time I camped at Reading the entertaining thing about it was the idiot kids getting drunk and staying away from home for the first time. They made it funny.

This was years ago though, and I would never camp at any festival again. Or probably camp anywhere for that matter. Fuck that shit.

The problem with Reading/Leeds is that it's not a bunch of people having a good time and it gets a bit wild, it's people trying their absolute hardest to be wild. That's less fun, and far more dangerous.

I just want to chill out, watch some bands, drink a few beers and be left the fuck alone.

Also, do they need the Lock Up stage anymore, seen as we now Download, Sonisphere and Bloodstock pretty much covering every kind of metal/punk you could want?

Yes. Download, Sonisphere and Bloodstock are shitty festivals if you're looking for good punk music. Mike Davies always delivers a cracking lineup with the Lock Up stage. I'd be happy to pay the full price for that stage alone some years. It'd be a shame if it disappeared.

Archived