Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Is there any women on the writing staff besides Stephanie?

With all due respect to Stephanie she has been a multimillionaire daughter all her life and has hardly lived in the real world, wrestling as a whole needs to learn how to write for women.

I think they need to change the set up a lot besides changes here and there it's basically looked the same for nearly 20 years, I don't know what they could do but when Raw changed to the big screen and ramp it felt a lot more big time.

There is at least one. You have reminded me that I wanted to ask this same question.

When I met a few superstars and other WWE personalities backstage the night after SummerSlam, I was introduced to a blonde lady in her mid-to-late thirties.

The lady introducing us said "This is ... and she's on the writing team".

She was very nice and friendly and the only other thing I can remember is that her christian name was a unisex name.

Anyone have any idea?

• Paid Members

I'd try and encourage the writers to use everyone. The hotseating is a brilliant idea. Wrestlers are not actors but they still have a great deal of verbal acting to get out there.

I'd fuck off Authority figures for very special occasions. Jack Tunney style stuff. FUCK OFF AUTHORITY FIGURES. Have them turn up when nessesary and above all not to emasculate the regular characters who are also the main cast and not make them out to be absolute fannies to millions of people.

MAKE THE HOURS MATTER. Instead of Cole fake laughing and JBL being a cunt because he and Vince vote the same, use the first hour to build to the second hour, pay off stuff in the second hour but build to the third, even throw a countdown clock into the end of hour two and have the third hour have an anything can happen feel. But put something interesting in each hour, use promos and little sit down bits so whoever is in the main can do some epic rap battle calling out bollocks hyping to the match. Make the hours matter because Raw feels like a shit telethon for wall paste. Just the dregs.

CHARACTERS... BLOODY CHARACTERS. Everyone has already stated what's wrong with Wyatt. The New Day are great but hideously close to jumping the shark because of everything else being dire. Fir me, if one act is great, I hate it quicker because nothing else is trying and it feels just overexposed when they strike on something. Dean Ambrose should play up the man of the people aspect he has and cut promos during the show in the crowd, he's fighting whoever in hour three etc, hype it. He'd be talking to the viewers at home, RIGHT INTI THE CAMERA. STAY TUNED, I'm gonna kick whoever's ass blah blah. Zack Ryders old net show could take some time and have something different. Not essentially Ryder, but something like that. Adam Rose (who got completely fucked over) should have been an interview segment host, rather than have Michael Cole endorse it and have no character advancement. Kevin Owens to play a bigger cunt than he is portrayed. Ryback only loses when he has too. Big Show s a special attraction himself. Lesnar is hyped for weeks on end. Rollins isn't a child with a toy. God just do something. Too many fucking chefs.

You're not going to make a good anything with the amount of hours they have. Nobody could. I've said they should look at marvel and adult dramas in the past but to be honest they're probably better off looking at strictly come dancing, and even that's not so many hours.

The way they are now isn't just a booking thing, it's a company wide mentality and you would have to change everything about the way they do business now to change the on screen product and that isn't happening.

Just seen on Facebook that Corey Taylor of Slipknot punched (work) Baron Corbin in the face at one of NXT's festival shows this past weekend.

Apparently there is a video floating about somewhere

It's excellent work all round, especially from my little hero Corey who legit looks like he hurt his hand, bless him. What is he 5 foot 5/6...

Hogan's WCW contract from 1998:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/287131780/1998-Hulk-Hogan-contract-with-WCW

He got a $2,000,000 bonus just for signing the contract, paid to him within 14 days, he was paid 25% of all ticket revenues for any Nitro or Thunder that he appeared on. This amount could never be less than $25,000. For every PPV that he appeared on, he got 15% of all PPV sales OR $675,000 -- whichever number was higher. And then Linda took it all!

Hogan's WCW contract from 1998:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/287131780/1998-Hulk-Hogan-contract-with-WCW

He got a $2,000,000 bonus just for signing the contract, paid to him within 14 days, he was paid 25% of all ticket revenues for any Nitro or Thunder that he appeared on. This amount could never be less than $25,000. For every PPV that he appeared on, he got 15% of all PPV sales OR $675,000 -- whichever number was higher. And then Linda took it all!

Interesting that the wrestling part of his contract ran until May 2001, I'd always assumed he was out of contract before WCW was sold to Vince, given there was supposedly talks regarding bringing him in for Mania 17 (again, before the sale)

Is there any other way this type of document would find its way into the public domain?

From the link:

A copy of Hulk Hogan (Terry Bollea) 1998 contract with World Championship Wrestling. It was filed as an exhibit in the Easterling v. WCW, et al racial discrimination lawsuit (1:00-cv-01715-CC).

Edited by Ian 86

• Paid Members

Interesting that the wrestling part of his contract ran until May 2001, I'd always assumed he was out of contract before WCW was sold to Vince, given there was supposedly talks regarding bringing him in for Mania 17 (again, before the sale)

Hogan was out of contract on March 27, 2001. So I imagine the deal was that they had to extend his contract regularly during his last year to complete it (like they did in Hogan's first year, where his deal ran for 3 months and then 6 months and then a longer period there after). Hogan was long gone by the time May 2001 came around and was actively suing Time Warner.

EDIT: According to another e-mail which is available, Hogan and Flair's WCW contracts were renegotiated when the ship sank in March 2000. So Hogan must have signed a one year deal under different terms to see him through to March 2001.

Does that mean that Hall & Nash were also making those amounts as they had a 'favoured nations' clause

No. Because that "favoured nations clause" is lies. Just like the "we got an extra million when Kane and Rick Bogner showed up on Raw" thing and the idea that they were the first ones to get guaranteed contracts. Hall and Nash never got paid higher than Goldberg, Bret Hart or Hogan.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Goldberg going from half a million in 1998 to over $5 million in 1999 was the thing that caught my attention the most when looking through the WCW payroll a while back. Now that's impressive! Once he exploded and signed a new contract Goldberg was raking it in just as much as Hogan wasn't he? Sweet deal!

Edited by pgi86

If anyone's interested Extreme Sports (Sky 419) is showing Fighting Spirit Wrestling which features matches from AAA, CMLL & New Japan. It's shown quite a few times each day and think it's like up to episode 3 now. Alex Shane & Dave Bradshaw are the announcers (who are over dubbing the original commentary) but it's still worth a watch, yesterday had two good NJPW matches including Tenzan vs Nakamura & Tanahashi vs Anderson (of the Bullet Club).