Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Byron Saxton will be the biggest loser. Still he's with Lawler at least. JBL would just give him guff for 2 hours. I detest JBL as an announcer, even his 'prime' run. It was small moments, not a consistent run. People comparing his work to a modern day Ventura was nuts.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

He's working Kane and Luke Harper on the live events, will be good to see him and Harper on TV. They had a couple on TV last year, didn't they? Or the year before that?

Edited by PunkStep

I can't imagine what kind of bore could not enjoy Booker T on commentary. Raw felt like significantly less of a drag with him on it this week, even though it was just a string of one-on-one matches between upper midcarders broken up only by an Usos v Miz/Dow tag. AGAIN.

Apologies if this has been posted earlier and I've not spotted it:

Tim Arson Roberts has died at the age of 38. He had wrestled for fourteen years, most memorably as The Zombie in WWE’s revived ECW. The cause of death is unknown at this time. He was found dead on the 7th of January.

Source: whatculture.com

Edited by LSM

The sports gossip blog TerezOwens is reporting that TapouT is preparing to announce a deal with the WWE.

Tapout clothing is about to announce an exclusive deal with WWE and sponsoring fighters similar to the Reebok deal with the ufc…always nice to see these athletes getting paid, just remember where you heard it first.

Read entire article...

A recent Tweet from Skrape would indicate there is something more than nothing going on.

SKRAPE-A-TORIUM ‏@TAPOUTSKRAPE

I've had lots of messages regarding a WWE deal. We are exploring several partnership opportunities, but there's nothing to announce rite now

I'd say it was an over move when he was doing his big comeback, especially in that match when they finally beat The Shield, but really not worth the risk

If I was him I'd just nick Punk knee in the corner and use that in it's place, no daft bump to take then

I think it'd be silly at the moment for anyone to nick Punk's signature moves -- I know someone (Ambrose?) does the elbow, but that was always a Macho Man move and Punk's shitty version never got much traction as one of his trademarks. Stuff like the GTS and the corner knee would be a bad idea if they don't want people chanting his name.

If he can't find a fresh, safe alternative (and he probably can), Bryan could easily enough go from his comeback clothesline straight to the YES kicks, I reckon.