Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Ringside Collectibles have announced future lines. Series 50 will include Sami Zayn, I believe its the first time someone has gotten a figure before being called up to the main roster

10932178_829104907146380_702356811_n.jpg

Edited by Krytie 2X4B 523P

• Paid Members

WWE are making some announcing changes:

On Raw, Michael Cole and JBL will be joined each week by WWE Hall of Famer Booker T, while the new SmackDown announce team will consist of Cole, newcomer Byron Saxton and incomparable WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler. Cole, JBL and Lawler will continue to call the action during WWE pay-per-view events.

• Paid Members

Thank Christ I love Booker on commentary. He comes out with some right shite sometimes but he atleast sounds enthusiastic and puts over all the talent rather that shitting on everything. Lawler is probably better suited to Smackdown. He can just coast through it and doesn't have to sit there for 4 hours.

Strange decision for Lawler, as I thought one of the main reasons he still does it is he can arrive for Raw 2 hours before the show starts and go home as soon as it finishes.  Sure he can still do that for Smackdown, but on PPV weeks you'd assume he isn't going home on Sunday night to travel again on Tuesday, so he'd be at Raw anyway.

• Paid Members

I wish they would do away with three man announce teams altogether, or at least not have it as the standard across their shows.

I do actually like Booker T, for the same reasons others have mentioned- although he talks nonsense he at least sounds enthusiastic doing it and has a distinctive voice. If he's going to be on the same team as JBL one of them is going to have to learn to wind it in a bit though.