Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Well, today was the first time Punk has said he's with Roufusport, even though it came out earlier. Still don't know what weight class for certain.

Apart from that, yeah, not much he can tell us. It's just a credit to Punk and his personality that people are so hyped when we have no idea what to expect or when to expect it.

That's ridiculous. Were you one of those guys at the Q&A? As he rightly responded to that line of thinking there, there's plenty of ways Punk can tell WWE to go fuck themselves without putting all this work in and risking his health in such a drastic fashion.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

It just seems weird how Punk has waited until he fell out with WWE and had this sudden interest in joining UFC. If Vince gave him his dream WrestleMania main event that he always cried about he probably would be still there. See how long it takes before he moans about his UFC career not going his way.

I think Punk has made it pretty clear without going on that his main gripe is not knowing what was going to happen with PPV paydays, given he left after the Rumble and no ones really said how the wrestlers have been compensated since I'd say he was right

Yes I read about this. But I'm sure others were thinking the same but they didn't pack their gear and go home. Punk just makes everything about Punk.  And to be honest I don't miss the big headed fucker one bit.

Given their wages are probably massively down I'd imagine they should've packed up and fucked off, Matt Hardy's proven someone who wasn't a headliner in WWE can make a decent wedge on the indy circuit and he's probably only doing 2 days a week, 3 tops, why carry on working the same schedule for less money?

I think Punk has made it pretty clear without going on that his main gripe is not knowing what was going to happen with PPV paydays, given he left after the Rumble and no ones really said how the wrestlers have been compensated since I'd say he was right

Yes I read about this. But I'm sure others were thinking the same but they didn't pack their gear and go home. Punk just makes everything about Punk. And to be honest I don't miss the big headed fucker one bit.

Yeah it's pretty odd that someone puts themself first, can't understand the logic in looking out for his own best interests. And fair play to anyone who doesn't open their mouths when they are unhappy, it's much more important to not rock the boat

• Paid Members

It just seems weird how Punk has waited until he fell out with WWE and had this sudden interest in joining UFC. If Vince gave him his dream WrestleMania main event that he always cried about he probably would be still there. See how long it takes before he moans about his UFC career not going his way.

I don't see that happening. The nature of UFC means that nobody can really be "held back" the way he feels he was in WWE. As long as he wins his fights, or at least looks good in defeat, then things will go his way. It's entirely up to him.

Given their wages are probably massively down I'd imagine they should've packed up and fucked off, Matt Hardy's proven someone who wasn't a headliner in WWE can make a decent wedge on the indy circuit and he's probably only doing 2 days a week, 3 tops, why carry on working the same schedule for less money?

Matt Hardy was never a headliner but he was still a huge star during wrestling's biggest boom period, and he's got a big fan base as a result. Plus he's already loaded so he can afford to work whenever he feels like it. The vast majority of people in WWE aren't in that position. You can't really blame them for taking the guaranteed pay cheque instead of gambling that they'll draw on the Indies, especially since they won't be allowed to take their gimmick names with them.

Matt Hardy was never a headliner but he was still a huge star during wrestling's biggest boom period, and he's got a big fan base as a result. Plus he's already loaded so he can afford to work whenever he feels like it. The vast majority of people in WWE aren't in that position. You can't really blame them for taking the guaranteed pay cheque instead of gambling that they'll draw on the Indies, especially since they won't be allowed to take their gimmick names with them.

All good points, I'd say its a catch 22 though, you can't blame them for not walking out, certainly not the lower mid carders anyway, I'd say someone like Ziggler could've though, he'd end up with a better name on the indies too

The main problem for them is the office know they can offer them what they want in future knowing they're all shit scared of not working there, in fairness I imagine it's been that way with the majority of wrestlers for years but at least they had the wedge from PPV's to console them

• Paid Members

A prime example of why more competition is needed in north America and not less.

Nothing infuriates me more than seeing fans online shit on TNA and other companies, hoping they go bust just so they can see a few of their stars pop up on Raw or whatever.

WWE already has a 90% market share, let's hope its never 100%.