Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

You can just walk in off the street to a GP office that has a subtle pot leaf in it's logo and drop anything from insomnia to writers block. The doctors in there are pro Cannabis and using their license to dole that shit out.

Recreational =/= medical. Obviously it has legitimate medical value but it's all the same shit, over there.

• Paid Members

My understanding is that the legislation in Connecticut has recently changed to allow the prescription use of medical marijuana. The law is different on it's use in every state, with many southern states still not allowing it for medical use. With WWE based in Connecticut I imagine these tow things are not coincidental, and this is to prevent their possibly being sued if a worker decides they want to get it on prescription, and WWE prohibits that in their contract.

That's just my understanding of it, I may be completely wrong.

* A "positive test for alcohol" will result in a $2,500 fine per positive test, taken from the talent's downside guarantee.

Seriously? Vince will be able to buy another couple of private jets if they follow this one through.

It's not unreasonable to expect one of your employees to turn up to work without having consumed alcohol

I'm not saying that from an employers point of view it's unreasonable. However, this is wrestlers we're talking about here. It's well known as a hard drinking profession although I would imagine in recent years this has reduced dramatically. The likeliehood of wrestlers failing these test and copping the fines is pretty high I'd imagine.

WWE is based in Connecticut and I know it's a bit more on the don't-ask-don't-tell side anyway but it's a bit weird considering ... well ... wrestlers are always on the road. They can get their weed with a sly nod from WWE but they're still going to be taking it through loads of states where it won't be legal?

Bit of an odd one.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Some interesting snippets from Court Bauer's latest podcast regarding plans for HBK vs. Guerrero and Bret vs. Vince at WM22 that never came to pass:

This week on Bauer & Pollock, former WWE creative writer Court Bauer shares his thoughts on the passing of Eddie Guerrero eight years ago this month and reveals plans the sports-entertainment organization had for the legendary grappler at the following year's WrestleMania pay-per-view event in Chicago, Illinois. Bauer also squashes the rumor of Guerrero being scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Championship from Batista during their feud.

Bauer recalls, "It was twenty-four hours before he passed away, I believe. Twenty-four hours, forty-eight hours, something like that. We had a call with Vince at home, and we were talking about the preliminary plans for WrestleMania. I know there

3MB won a match on Main Event (as the Union Jacks) against PTP.

This was enough reason for me to check out Main Event last night. A thousand hearts. They even got to hit a cool tag team sequence to finish it off :D . It was a good show overall. The Tyson vs Gabriel sprint was something a bit different and I've no idea why neither guy is utilised a bit more on the proper shows. Even the divas match was good. Tamina punting Natalya's face off might be the first and last time I enjoy Tamina.

• Paid Members

so I just got an e-mail about this

London (Croydon) Sunday 17 November 3pm

LDN WRESTLING: WORLD OF SPORT WRESTLING - Filmed For ITV

The iconic ITV World of Sport Wrestling Show returns to Fairfield for a special TV filming featuring the top stars of British wrestling, including the retirement ceremony of the legendary Johnny Saint. Come and be part of the action and you may end up seeing yourself on national television! Featuring five exciting bouts by traditional British rules - two falls, two submissions or a knock out to decide the winner.

Applicants for shows must get there before 2.30 pm to collect tickets (show starts at 3.00pm).

Offer is for this show only, this performance only, at this venue only.

For more information and to download tickets visit:

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/631429

If anyone wants to go and abuse Bagga on my behalf, be my guest

so I just got an e-mail about this

London (Croydon) Sunday 17 November 3pm

LDN WRESTLING: WORLD OF SPORT WRESTLING - Filmed For ITV

The iconic ITV World of Sport Wrestling Show returns to Fairfield for a special TV filming featuring the top stars of British wrestling, including the retirement ceremony of the legendary Johnny Saint. Come and be part of the action and you may end up seeing yourself on national television! Featuring five exciting bouts by traditional British rules - two falls, two submissions or a knock out to decide the winner.

Applicants for shows must get there before 2.30 pm to collect tickets (show starts at 3.00pm).

Offer is for this show only, this performance only, at this venue only.

For more information and to download tickets visit:

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/631429

If anyone wants to go and abuse Bagga on my behalf, be my guest

I would, but that would involve giving Bagga my money and that would only encourage him to carry on.

The Tyson vs Gabriel sprint was something a bit different and I've no idea why neither guy is utilised a bit more on the proper shows.

Because they've got less personality than any sock I've ever wanked into. I used to think Gabriel would be alright in the right gimmick or with more experience because he's got a great look, but he's been around for nearly four years now and he's still either really uncomfortable or just plain clueless. And he's getting worse, aesthetically.

Tyson Kidd's fine, but Main Event and Superstars are the right place for him. He could be a great enhancement talent for Raw, but Raw doesn't really need that at the moment. Most of the roster have been around a year or so now. Kidd losing to Sandow, Cesaro or Ryback doesn't do anything for those guys, it just screams filler match.

Because they've got less personality than any sock I've ever wanked into.

Can't say I disagree with that. Neither of them are Curtis Axel/Adrian Neville level bad though and they're capable of getting a crowd into a match. It would be nice to see some different faces from time to time, they don''t need to show up every week. I wouldn't mind them as a enhancement tag team actually. They don't seem to want to job Los Matadores and Tons of Funk are horrible. They'd be fine for The Wyatt's and Real Americans to throw about.