Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Monster Kane is shit. The only time in the last decade that Kane has gone more than about a fortnight without being boring or really shit is during his run with Daniel Bryan. They'd found a niche for him that he was great at. Doing a doomed-to-fail Serious Monster Kane again is a big gamble.

I quite liked generic babyface Kane in 2002/2003/wheneveritwas. Where they'd sometimes just take the utter piss out of the character. He seemed to be really enjoying himself in that period too.

• Paid Members

I liked the first few months of his monster run after he lost the mask in 2003. When they'd have him caged up in a police car/van backstage, then when it came for his match they'd lead him down to ring in chains before letting him loose, always looked badass.

Then the Shane feud happened...

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

If Kane was to be brainwashed I'd like to see him in a raggy old shirt and old jeans generally fitting in with the look of the family. If he were to take the mask off and rock the curly hair and beard look because "he doesn't need to hide now that he's found Bray Wyatt" or something it might be a hell of a lot better than Kane just hanging around with them...it just wouldn't look right and would drag the whole thing down. I'd like to see Kane properly transform if he was to be used in the role.

I think if you put anybody from the roster into the Wyatt's it will turn the angle into a joke. I just don't see a 'brainwashed' type thing working, even though that was my first instinct in what they were going to do with Kane. Just keep it simple with Bray vs Kane at summerslam. If they are gonna add to the stable it should be unknowns. It could be a way to get Kasius Ohno on there. Ian's idea of Daizee Haze was inspired, she'd be perfect as the forlorn blue eyed girl led astray from her abusive backwards home. Sami Callihan maybe. Basically any new person that fits the look and can work a match whilst they slowly fade Rowan away from the TV. The Briscoes can fuck off, mind.

The beatdown on Main Event was pretty good. Poor 3MB bump like champs. I really want to cheer those guys.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I quite liked generic babyface Kane in 2002/2003/wheneveritwas. Where they'd sometimes just take the utter piss out of the character. He seemed to be really enjoying himself in that period too.

Yeah, the combination of his look and the shitty horror movie backstory makes that version of Kane (which was basically a younger version of his role for the last year) brilliant. When he'd pop his head in doing impressions of Rock and Hogan and all that. It's so much better than May 19th/Embrace The Hate/Shane's balls etc.

• Paid Members

Word on the Shield is that Ambrose and Rollins aren't very well liked at all, but Roman Reigns is. Reigns is apparently the one who is getting them to the gym and trying to make Ambrose less weedy looking. And he's Samoan so he gets way more rope. According to what's going around the heat stems from WrestleMania where Ambrose and Rollins were stalling on their moves when in the ring with the Big Show and the big man wasn't best pleased when he got to the back. Show thinks their stalling (thus forcing Big Show to stay in a prone position for ages) was an attempt to make themselves look class as his expense and make him look like a goon. Then there was the whole handshaking thing with Vince, but the heat started with the wrestlers before they pissed off the office. Probably why Undertaker isn't rushing back any time soon to work with them (which I doubt he ever will, now).

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

It was only a month or so ago that Triple H was saying that Dean Ambrose has a bright future on his twitter account. I do hope they still have decent plans for The Shield...even if its more midcard stuff like this feud with Henry, if successful against the midcard and if they keep hold of their championships then they still have a fair bit of stock hopefully.

Massive News - The Miz is going to host Summerslam. :confused:

Edited by thesimonbegz

Word on the Shield is that Ambrose and Rollins aren't very well liked at all, but Roman Reigns is. Reigns is apparently the one who is getting them to the gym and trying to make Ambrose less weedy looking. And he's Samoan so he gets way more rope. According to what's going around the heat stems from WrestleMania where Ambrose and Rollins were stalling on their moves when in the ring with the Big Show and the big man wasn't best pleased when he got to the back. Show thinks their stalling (thus forcing Big Show to stay in a prone position for ages) was an attempt to make themselves look class as his expense and make him look like a goon. Then there was the whole handshaking thing with Vince, but the heat started with the wrestlers before they pissed off the office. Probably why Undertaker isn't rushing back any time soon to work with them (which I doubt he ever will, now).

I'd have to watch it again, but that rings a bell. I think I may have picked up on that at the time.