Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

They could definitely do something with Gabriel. I like him. He is a bit wasted. He could fill the requirements of John Morrison and Rey Mysterio well enough. Better yet, what I've said and suggested a million times - pair him up with Kofi in a better version of Air Boom with a much better name. I imagine they'd make a lovely babyface tag team with lovely colourful tights and lovely flying about. It'll happen eventually, A-Train and Brodus did when I posted about it enough on here.

He had a nifty little match with the other South African fella whose name has just completely escaped on NXT a while back. Leo Kruger! That's it.

• Paid Members

He's South African as well? Why aren't they on the main roster as a team? He could be Gabriel's Jim Neidhart. They could even recycle the Alan Partridge joke. Where The Usos say "we're going to beat you this Sunday" and Kruger goes "you CANT" and Jimmy says "well there's no need for that".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Leo Krugers, like, 76 years of age (Wiki can get to SHIT with 34), has no previous profile and is one of the most mental signings ever. He can do one.

If it came out he was Gabriel's dad, I'd only be surprised that he wasn't his grandad.

*edit* so, I did some snooping. Turns out Gabriel's first gig was in a tag team with Kruger, called 'Pure Juice'.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I love Leo Kruger. Looks & acts like a proper fucking mental yet, despite being a crazed bushman, is also an accomplished cricketer who sets up his finisher with a clothesline called "The Slice" which is so effective because he's a fast bowler. According to Regal, anyway.

I'm really pissed off they've nicked his finisher for Axel, as "The Kruger End" was a wonderfully highbrow pun for WWE.

• Paid Members

I'm getting to really like Kruger, he's a convincing nutter. His two signature moves 'The Slice' and his arm submission are both great too. Like Statto says, Regal put over 'The Slice' by saying that Kruger could bowl a cricket ball at 100mph. I love stuff like that.

I'm fixing to fall out with all of you.

He's like a hunch-shouldered Skinner. But worst.

He can fuck off with his shit 'ta ta' catchphrase, too.

He's better than Bo Dallas, though. I'll concede that much.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
I love stuff like that.

Likewise. And Regal is great for it on NXT. I've come to really enjoy his style. The aforementioned Gabriel - Kruger match was actually mightily enhanced by Regal and his mates commentary thanks to loads of little nuggets like that. Really put the match over well.

• Paid Members

It sounds silly sometimes, but it's the kind of stuff that if I was a kid, I'd totally buy into it. I'd be telling my mates in the playground that Leo Kruger could bowl at 100mph and Justin Gabriel is going diving with sharks next week.

Gabriel's problem is he can't talk at all and there's no personality or substance to his wrestling - which is a shame, because he managed to be spot on with his mannerisms when his splash was punctuating the Nexus beatdowns. In the territory days, he'd have been a megastar somewhere, probably in a tag team. WWE should try and make something of him, but at this stage they must have decided he's either not arsed or he's incapable of getting it.

• Paid Members

Anyone watch that Main Event segment then? I thought the Wyatt beatdown of Gabriel and 3MB was fantastic, I loved the visual of the lifeless bodies being tossed into a pile in the middle of the ring. The way Bray gave the little nod to his sheep to jump Slater was fucking cool too. To cap it all off we got another top promo from Wyatt, ending with the message for Kane to 'follow the buzzards'. It seems that a Kane brainwash storyline may well be the way they are going for now.

Interesting to see how long they will draw out Bray having his minions do the dirty work for him, and if they do bring Kane on board it gives them a little bit of extra star power to the group. Still think it might turn to a monumental pile of shit once Harper and Rowan get in the ring though, all they seem to do is the clubbing blows to the back. I'm not expecting them to be doing anything technical as having look rough round the edges adds to the gimmick, but if thats all they do it could get very old very fast

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members
Interesting to see how long they will draw out Bray having his minions do the dirty work for him, and if they do bring Kane on board it gives them a little bit of extra star power to the group. Still think it might turn to a monumental pile of shit once Harper and Rowan get in the ring though, all they seem to do is the clubbing blows to the back. I'm not expecting them to be doing anything technical as having look rough round the edges adds to the gimmick, but if thats all they do it could get very old very fast

Harper and Rowan have been working fine as a tag team on NXT. They have had some entertaining matches against the like of Neville (PAC), Ohno, Graves etc. They haven't set NXT on fire, but they're fine for what they are. Harper is a decent worker, more than capable in the ring for the brawler style he works. He ain't as green as he's cabbage looking, he was popular on the indies for a while before coming to WWE. Rowan isn't so good, but like you said, he masks his limitations by working that deliberately loose, uncoordinated style which really adds to his character.

These guys aren't going to be stepping on The Shield's toes by working epic twenty minute six-man tags- their share of TV time is going to be far more storyline heavy.

I don't know if I like the idea of Kane joining the group or feuding with them, I'll have to see how well it plays out. Like Ian said in another thread, if you get The Big Red Retard involved there's the risk that the whole angle gets dragged into wrestlecrap comedy territory. Nobody takes him seriously anymore.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

Harper and Rowan have been working fine as a tag team on NXT. They have had some entertaining matches against the like of Neville (PAC), Ohno, Graves etc. They haven't set NXT on fire, but they're fine for what they are. Harper is a decent worker, more than capable in the ring for the brawler style he works. He ain't as green as he's cabbage looking, he was popular on the indies for a while before coming to WWE. Rowan isn't so good, but like you said, he masks his limitations by working that deliberately loose, uncoordinated style which really adds to his character.

These guys aren't going to be stepping on The Shield's toes by working epic twenty minute six-man tags- their share of TV time is going to be far more storyline heavy.

I don't know if I like the idea of Kane joining the group or feuding with them, I'll have to see how well it plays out. Like Ian said in another thread, if you get The Big Red Retard involved there's the risk that the whole angle gets dragged into wrestlecrap comedy territory. Nobody takes him seriously anymore.

Mark Henry fathered a hand. There's hope for at least one decent Kane run yet.

I do agree to some extent, but if they give him a slightly new look along with a general rebirth of a none speaking monster, it might be ok.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi