Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

They'll probably pretend it hasn't happened, but if they don't they might parachute CM Punk in and leave Rock/Cena alone.

If this means the end for Zeb Coulter, ill be fucking mortified.

Swagger is such a useless prick.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

They'll have to take him out the main event i reckon, for the purpose of morale of the rest of the roster. You can't be happy if you've been busting your nuts all year, don't have a big spot at 'Mania...then Swagger gets rolled in for this role, does this and still gets the keep his position. The best thing to probably do with that thought process in mind is simply have Ziggler replace him cashing in.

Worth noting Dutch Mantell's daughter was killed a year or so back by a DUI driver, so he probably won't be too impressed.

Sorry to be pedantic, but it was his granddaughter. Poor chap is probably having all of that horror brought back on him again now.

Edited by Brian Elliott

• Paid Members
They'll have to take him out the main event i reckon, for the purpose of morale of the rest of the roster. You can't be happy if you've been busting your nuts all year, don't have a big spot at 'Mania...then Swagger gets rolled in for this role, does this and still gets the keep his position. The best thing to probably do with that thought process in mind is simply have Ziggler replace him cashing in.

They could just wait til after Mania I suppose, didn't they do that with R-Truth? Wait til after the Rock/Cena tag match at Survivor Series first?

For what it's worth, WWE can still go a number of ways with this. You would think that they'd suspend Swagger for possession of the drugs, or at least test him for pot at the early possible opportunity. However, the angle has got them a lot of press recently, which they've enjoyed, and so they might attempt to push through this until after WrestleMania.

I'd say that's very unlikely, but it depends how strongly Vince feels about the angle. We already know that he feels strongly enough to push some pretty heavy political buttons.

Edited by Brian Elliott

If WWE do suspend Swagger or replace him in the Mania main event,hopefully they can figure out a way of keeping Dutch around.Could just stick him with someone else and have him use Swagger as an example of another bad American.

They could just wait til after Mania I suppose, didn't they do that with R-Truth? Wait til after the Rock/Cena tag match at Survivor Series first?

With Truth they managed to keep his name quiet until after it though.

He is going to come to TNA. He will have a lot more success because TNA love to push a guy who has had a lot of TV time in WWE, can work an obvious feud with Kurt Angle which will rule hard and also wont be punished for smoking weed. TNA are a lot less harsh when it comes to drink and drugs so something as small as smoking weed wont affect him getting the push he deserves. He is better than how WWE treat him.

If WWE do suspend Swagger or replace him in the Mania main event,hopefully they can figure out a way of keeping Dutch around.Could just stick him with someone else and have him use Swagger as an example of another bad American.

Who else is there though that could slip into both the gimmick and the World title match? Orton's probably the best bet, but I think WWE would be wary of "tainting" him with it. As boring as Orton is, he's incredibly popular and has decent status, whereas Swagger's pretty much in the last chance saloon anyway (pre-DUI) so there's no harm if the gimmick ruins him.