Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It seems a bit of an odd idea to run a stadium unless they were planning summerslam or mania which seems out of the question.

I suppose they could get a decent attendance but you would think they would have to make it the only UK show of the year to get people to travel. How many people will go to the other end of the country if they have a show closer to home a few months later. As well as numbers you'd have to look at the amount taken as well. Arena tickets cost a fair bit but to sell 70K they would need to do some very cheap tickets and they wouldn't be able to pull the mania trick of having sky high prices for the front blocks. Selling more tickets is all well and good but the shareholders won't be happy if it means less money coming in overall.

Why did WWE put Smackdown on against election coverage?

Also, the pub where Sheamus and Show had their fight; was it the same one from the Inbetweeners pilot where Will tattles on everyone being underage?

if true, can someone link me to this pls as my gf used to drink in that pub a bit when she down south

• Paid Members
Why did WWE put Smackdown on against election coverage?

Also, the pub where Sheamus and Show had their fight; was it the same one from the Inbetweeners pilot where Will tattles on everyone being underage?

if true, can someone link me to this pls as my gf used to drink in that pub a bit when she down south

Here you go. Looks like it to me.

• Paid Members

They signed a 5-year deal with the Staples Center in 2009 according to Wiki. Be interesting to hear what happened - if the deal didn't work out as well as hoped for either party, or if WWE just think abroad is a better option and the Staples Center were nice guys about it. I imagine they'll just shift another PPV to the Staples Center to cover the remaining years.

• Paid Members

These rumours are getting me a bit moist. I'd absolutely love a super-show in the UK. Like NEWM said, fans aren't going mad for arena shows anymore, because they know that another tour will come around in six months. A stadium show would be different, I reckon they could fill a stadium easily if it was a significant show and ticket prices were reasonable.

I remember having countless discussions on here about the pro's and cons of another big PPV ala Summerslam being held here and I can see both sides of the argument. What I will say to the argument that in the era of spoilers and the internet that the buyrate would be massively damaged by a taped PPV is that whilst I agree to an extent it has never been tried out. Lets say that 15-20% of the US buyrate is nixed because of the taped show, would that % be made up by larger gate income and merchandise sales? Plus the increased buyrates across Europe and other parts of the world by having a PPV at prime time? I also think people overlook the main success behind Summerslam 1992, it wasnt how much money it made the company on the night, it was the money it made the company for years to come by creating a new generation of UK and European fans. The amount of people that became fans in this country purely because of Summerslam 1992 is huge and they could potentially create that again. I know WWE became very big over here for a period during the attitude era but theyve had nowhere near the same amount of buzz around them as they had in 1992.