Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Don't know if it's been mentioned on here, but Buddy Peacock was nearly Daniel Bryan's WWE name.

Sounds like the perfect name for a Nature Boy gimmick.

Or for an incompetent pony-tailed central defender gimmick.

• Paid Members
Well it half is I suppose, considering Buddy Rogers was the original Nature Boy. Still think there was definite money in Bubba Poon.

Well, both the "Buddies", but I also think, given the flashy robes and pompadour hair, "Peacock" fits it perfectly too.

Or for an incompetent pony-tailed central defender gimmick.

If you mean Darren Peacock, I always thought that, but everyone around me looked at me like I was taking crazy pills. Never thought he was worth a fart.

• Paid Members
Anyone know if Pac has reported to NXT/FCW yet?

Didn't he wrestle on some tapings a few weeks ago, same one as Joel Redman? Could be wrong as it seemed rather soon.

That was a misunderstanding, IIRC. I believe the story was that this guy made his debut appearance, the guy in attendance at the show who sent the report to whatever website it was said something along the lines of "new guy debuted, couldn't really make out his name but it sounded like Pac or something" and someone else put 2 & 2 together and made 5.

The card for NJPW's next big event:

NJPW "NJPW 40TH ANNIVERSARY ~ KING OF PRO-WRESTLING"(WPW/iPPV)

October 8th, 2012

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Manabu Nakanishi Return Match: Muscle Orchestra (Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man) and Yuji Nagata vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii)

2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)

Edited by pgi86