Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Moderators

Are these releases or have they just let them expire? As I remember reading WWE don't want to release people anymore as it looks bad to shareholders, so if it's releases it might show a degree of post network launch panic.

• Paid Members

The "independent contractors" should fight the power by behaving like all other contractors - show up for RAW at ten to midnight, give HHH a "what are you going to do, hire someone more expensive?" look, proceed to shoddily build a kitchen in the ring, and then leave it half finished and demand that materials cost more than expected, they'll need 35% more to finish.

Edited by Bill Diarrhea

Happy with most of those releases, obviously it's not nice for anyone to lose their job but most of them were beyond stale (Brodus Clay especially) or just shite (Evan Bourne)

I can't say how glad I am Teddy Long is finally gone, probably my least favourite person in wrestling history, shite ref, shite manager, shite GM

Remember that story from years ago of Teddy Long being mobbed by some kids and he hit out with "stay in school, little crackers!"

I think about that on the regular and laugh and laugh and laugh

I always laugh when I remember him referring to Shawn Michaels as the Heart Break Kracker.

• Paid Members
Whenever I've seen suggestions of how a union would actually improve wrestling for anyone, it just seems nonsensical and self-defeating anyway. I remember someone (I think Carbomb) suggesting that wrestlers would be contracted to specific spots on the card and could never be demoted from them after returning from injury etc. So Rey Mysterio taking six months off would give John Morrison six months at the top of the card, but then after Rey came back, Morrison's fucked back down to the middle. Like a maternity leave temp. That makes the glass ceiling contractual, and obligates the company to not rotate talent in top spots.

I don't think that was me - at least, I don't remember saying anything like that, and I don't think I would have. I believe in unions in terms of protecting people's rights as workers, not in terms of creative direction (unless it directly contravenes a worker's contract in some way).

Saw a link on my FB last night about somekind of Wrestling convention thats going to be over here called Wrestlexpo. Anyone got any further details on this?

Yeah I saw the same page this morning. Wrestle Expo UK. Nothing more than a Facebook page at the moment with a further announcement to come. As a keen convention goer generally I'll be keeping my eye on this.

Wwe have just put up a really good article about "matches that changed my life", where wwe wrestlers list the most importantly match in their careers, including those featuring Nigel Mcguinness and from Irish Whip Wrestling too.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/matches-that-changed-their-lives

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members
Wwe have just put up a really good article about "matches that changed my life", where wwe wrestlers list the most importantly match in their careers, including those featuring Nigel Mcguinness and from Irish Whip Wrestling too.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/matches-that-changed-their-lives

Enjoyed reading that. I was actually in attendance for Seth Rollins match against Nigel and it was a cracker. Never want to go back to Philly though.