Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

He sounds like an Irish gypsy at the start. He looks like one too, I think he should do that gimmick instead. Snatch was about twelve years ago now though.

Must have been about 10 years between Scarface and Razor Ramon.

Apparently former IWW wrestler, Pierre Marceau, has signed a developmental deal with WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLZPN_A65n8...YO1CWb7gxjJbo1o - One of the more, erm, interesting promos I've heard in a while.

I can only assume someone has just watched Talladega Nights and thinks that would make a great gimmick for a wrestler. "I 'ave come here to defeat you, Ricky Booby."

That's been planned for a while.

He's a fantastic bloke, he deserves it. He's also a fantastic, and our most prominent, spokesman for there being a specific British identity within wrestling. I think he'll do wonders for the performance centre in general, but in particular for any British guys/girls that get out there. He'll help ensure they don't get caught trying to play the Americans' at their own game, and play to their strengths.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

This is fun:

ProWrestlinSyndicate ‏@ProWreSyndicate

So proud to officially announce that @codyrhodeswwe will be exclusively joining the PWS roster as soon as his 90 (day) no compete clause expires!

Cody Rhodes/Runnels ‏@CodyRhodesWWE

.@ProWreSyndicate Such a "Dark Horse" organization right now. An abundance of TALENT. Plus @buckneverstops wrestled me in my 1st ever match.

WWE's authorized an indy date for him to make this look legit. This Cody Rhodes firing angle must be long term then. Good for PWS as well. They are a good indy. Shame Dusty didn't have his old independent promotion. He could have used Cody and Dustin on it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

This is fun:

ProWrestlinSyndicate ‏@ProWreSyndicate

So proud to officially announce that @codyrhodeswwe will be exclusively joining the PWS roster as soon as his 90 (day) no compete clause expires!

Cody Rhodes/Runnels ‏@CodyRhodesWWE

.@ProWreSyndicate Such a "Dark Horse" organization right now. An abundance of TALENT. Plus @buckneverstops wrestled me in my 1st ever match.

WWE's authorized an indy date for him to make this look legit. This Cody Rhodes firing angle must be long term then. Good for PWS as well. They are a good indy. Shame Dusty didn't have his old independent promotion. He could have used Cody and Dustin on it.

I can confirm from attending a live event. The "unknown" talent used on the PWS shows are far from "good", amazing for car crash value though.