Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Perhaps they though the Survivor Series 2010 buyrate was shit so they expected a massive increase, but thought the Rumble 2012 buyrate was decent so were happy with any increase.

Maybe, that still wouldn't make a huge amount of sense though. The 2010 SS buyrate was pretty crappy by SS standards of the past, but it was still a better number than 2009. In 2011 they reversed a downwards trend and got 70,000 extra buys.

The 2012 rumble got a decent buyrate by general PPV standards, but was actually the lowest rumble buyrate I can find, so it's not like it was an amazing number or anything.

Curtis Woodhouse that's a blast from the past, he was a lower league footballer for a few years with Rushden and a few other sides.

I remember him playing for Sheff Utd. He nearly killed one of our players (Chesterfield) in pre season with a spin kick RVD would've been proud of. Hope the twat doesn't come and hunt me down now.

• Moderators
Nikita Koloff is about to feature in a new American reality-docu-drama-etc show called Preachers' Daughters in his current role as a travelling evangelist. Bit more info here - it's the second show down in the article.

You just know that Nikita won't drop his Russian accent once. Kayfabe, brother!

• Moderators

Yeah, the article seems to have trouble distinguishing between shit-talking and actual threats, even mentioning "death threats" to athletes over twitter.

I do wonder if he was ever on the guy's street though.. or if he was just on a wind up himself. I couldn't see the photo he posted; any chance it was just off the net or google street view? Either way though, it does read like he was just trying to shit him up as opposed to having any real intent.

This is a tough one. I can't call it either way. I think in this instance it ended right but I'd worry about it getting used as a point of reference to encourage this kidn of behaviour in future. I hope the story doesn't blow up and become a big deal.

Perhaps they though the Survivor Series 2010 buyrate was shit so they expected a massive increase, but thought the Rumble 2012 buyrate was decent so were happy with any increase.

Maybe, that still wouldn't make a huge amount of sense though. The 2010 SS buyrate was pretty crappy by SS standards of the past, but it was still a better number than 2009. In 2011 they reversed a downwards trend and got 70,000 extra buys.

The 2012 rumble got a decent buyrate by general PPV standards, but was actually the lowest rumble buyrate I can find, so it's not like it was an amazing number or anything.

Plus it was one of the lowest grossing ppv's because of the advertising done for it and the Rock's payday.

• Paid Members
"Here's the thing. All of them are going to buy the cereal, whether they like me or hate me."

John Cena, demonstrating that he *gets* wrestling better than anyone.

Anyway, I came in here to post this because I couldn't be arsed digging up and bumping the Henchmen thread, but, for those of you interested...

DO THEY HAVE SHIT ON THE MARKET?

Fuck yes.

IMAG1225.jpg

"Here's the thing. All of them are going to buy the cereal, whether they like me or hate me."

John Cena, demonstrating that he *gets* wrestling better than anyone.

I like John Cena and I didn't buy the cereal.

Plus it was one of the lowest grossing ppv's because of the advertising done for it and the Rock's payday.

Surely they both advertised the Rock and paid for Rock to be at the Rumble too, so I don't see what difference that would make. Unless the ad budget for Survivor Series was like 3 times that of the Rumble, they essentially should cost about the same to produce. Rock being on each added around 70,000 buys each time, yet with the Survivors they were disappointing and with Rumble very happy. Still seems like a bit of a schizophrenic attitude to me.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

Surely they both advertised the Rock and paid for Rock to be at the Rumble too, so I don't see what difference that would make. Unless the ad budget for Survivor Series was like 3 times that of the Rumble, they essentially should cost about the same to produce. Rock being on each added around 70,000 buys each time, yet with the Survivors they were disappointing and with Rumble very happy. Still seems like a bit of a schizophrenic attitude to me.

There was a huge amount of marketing surrounding Survivor, they had ads running all over New York for the month or so before the PPV whereas I cant really recall them bragging about their ads for the Rumble. Plus consider the fact that Survivor was Rocks first match back in years, it should have been able to create more buzz than the Rumble match being his third match in just over a year.

There was a huge amount of marketing surrounding Survivor, they had ads running all over New York for the month or so before the PPV whereas I cant really recall them bragging about their ads for the Rumble. Plus consider the fact that Survivor was Rocks first match back in years, it should have been able to create more buzz than the Rumble match being his third match in just over a year.

Oh sure, if WWE did indeed spend twice as much on the Survivors advertising as they did on the Rumble then fair enough. I have no real idea about how accurate that is though (that's not in any way a dig, by the way, just that neither of us have the WWE's ad sales for each event). It would indeed totally make sense if that were the case though.

As for the Rock's first match back, perhaps they should have bothered actually building the opponents properly so it didn't blatantly just look like a pre-Mania warm-up match. Rock fighting for the WWE Title for the first time in a decade at the Rumble was a much bigger deal anyway, personally.