Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Courtesy of lordsofpain.net.....

According to ProWrestling.net, one half of the current TNA Tag Team Champions, Bobby Roode, has had his contract with the company expire.

Roode was scheduled to appear at this weekend's Lockdown fan fest, but was pulled at the last minute, and he hasn't appeared on television since the Impact tapings in the United Kingdom.

Reports say that Bruce Prichard, the head of talent relations for TNA, mistakenly let the contract expire, and that TNA wasn't even aware of the situation until Roode himself brought it up to them.

Roode and his tag partner, Austin Aries, are scheduled to defend the Tag Titles against Christopher Daniels & Kazarian and Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez at Lockdown tomorrow, but Roode's status for the event is in question now.

If any more details come out, we will pass them along to you.

Will WWE actually view that as a huge success though?

They were disappointing with the Survivor Series 2011 buyrate (featuring the Rock and Cena V Awesome Truth) because that only bumped the buyrate from the previous year by just over 70,000, which is about the same margin that this year's Rumble beat the last one by.

They were disappointing with the Survivor Series 2011 buyrate (featuring the Rock and Cena V Awesome Truth) because that only bumped the buyrate from the previous year by just over 70,000, which is about the same margin that this year's Rumble beat the last one by.

Depends what way you look at it.

Personally I wouldn't call the highest Rumble buyrate in 5 years a disappointment.

I remember Meltzer writing in the build up that if they did more than 300,000 domestic (which they hadn't done since 2008) that it would be regarded as a success, and they did 322,000 domestic, plus international was up from last year too.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Personally I wouldn't call the highest Rumble buyrate in 5 years a disappointment.

I remember Meltzer writing in the build up that if they did more than 300,000 domestic (which they hadn't done since 2008) that it would be regarded as a success, and they did 322,000 domestic, plus international was up from last year too.

I absolutely agree with you, but as I said, WWE weren't impressed by the jump in SS 2011, and that was the highest number for that event since 2007!

Seems weird they be really happy with one, but not the other, considering they were relativity as successful as each other.

Looks like, after being locked out for a few years, Lucha Libre AAA is finally back in the States and trying to make some big moves on the US market:

FactoryMade Ventures Forms Joint Venture with Lucha Libre AAA, Plans Franchise Reinvention and U.S. Expansion

FactoryMade to Operate and Extend Wrestling League

• Paid Members

Perhaps they though the Survivor Series 2010 buyrate was shit so they expected a massive increase, but thought the Rumble 2012 buyrate was decent so were happy with any increase.

I absolutely agree with you, but as I said, WWE weren't impressed by the jump in SS 2011, and that was the highest number for that event since 2007!

Seems weird they be really happy with one, but not the other, considering they were relativity as successful as each other.