Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Courtesy of Jim Ross's blog re: Thursday's final FCW taping....

"Lots of kids stood out. Rollins, Steamboat, Cesaro, Ohno, Bo Dallas, Bray Wyatt, Brad Maddox, Ascension, Big E Langston, Jason Jordan, Paige, and several others."

"Loved the @thedeanambrose vs @realkingregal bout that had a shockingly, real, physical conclusion. That match was on hour three and will likely air in July but I'm not sure of any of the air dates. When FCW's TV show runs its course on the Brighthouse Network in Florida, FCW will be replaced by NXT. I'm unaware if the rebranded NXT will air on WWE.com ( doubtful) but will air outside the USA where NXT is currently airing.

Nice to see the UK's Paige get a mention and to see that NXT in its new format might be airing on our TV.

Always, this ridiculous obsession with love.

Edited by Chilli_Dog

Courtesy of Jim Ross's blog re: Thursday's final FCW taping....

"Lots of kids stood out. Rollins, Steamboat, Cesaro, Ohno, Bo Dallas, Bray Wyatt, Brad Maddox, Ascension, Big E Langston, Jason Jordan, Paige, and several others."

"Loved the @thedeanambrose vs @realkingregal bout that had a shockingly, real, physical conclusion. That match was on hour three and will likely air in July but I'm not sure of any of the air dates. When FCW's TV show runs its course on the Brighthouse Network in Florida, FCW will be replaced by NXT. I'm unaware if the rebranded NXT will air on WWE.com ( doubtful) but will air outside the USA where NXT is currently airing.

Nice to see the UK's Paige get a mention and to see that NXT in its new format might be airing on our TV.

Always, this ridiculous obsession with love.

Huh!? I'm not obsessed with NXT. :confused:

• Paid Members
PWInsider.com has confirmed that WWE has acquired the Watts video library consisting of Mid-South Wrestling and the original Universal Wrestling Federation. The library, which was owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife Ene as part of a divorce settlement, was the largest known video collection not owned by WWE. There had been numerous meetings and attempts to purchase the library by WWE but the two sides had been unable to come to terms. WWE will officially take possession of the library this week. One WWE source noted that there are already discussions internally to do a DVD documentary on the promotion as well as full fledged DVDs on Ted DiBiase, Junkyard Dog and Hacksaw Duggan, all of whom were major stars for the territory.

Brilliant. I'd love a Mid-South dvd. Outside of the Dibiase/Duggan stuff, I've barely seen anything from the territory.

• Paid Members

I've hardly seen any Mid South either. Just that Dibiase vs Flair match and bits here and there of Dr Death, Duggan and the Midnight Express.

Fantastic news. I'd love a Mid South DVD set with a documentary and a load of matches. I really liked the Rise and Fall of WCW, World Class and AWA ones.

• Paid Members
Mid-South was a great promotion. Everyone should get hold of that 16 disc DVDVR set.

Agreed. I know its a point thats been made over and over, but the TV was really superb at building up to the BIG matches.

Source: Pwinsider

There is concern within the WWE that Alberto Del Rio, who is still recovering from a groin tear and surgery, suffered a concussion last week. There has been discussion that he may need to be pulled from the No Way Out PPV, but it hasn't been confirmed that he was officially pulled yet. Del Rio is scheduled to face Sheamus for the World title at the event.

More as we get it.

If this is the case then the roster is taking a real battering right now. Last months Fatal Four Way for the World title only has one guy who isn't suspended or injured, madness. Shame really, if Del Rio keeps up with the reoccurring absences he could become another Mr Kennedy.

Ziggler would probably get the No Way Out match.

But wwe should have learned its lesson from late 2007 when about half the crew got suspended and had no-one to fill the gaps, Ziggler, McIntyre, Ryder etc should be kept at a decent-ish level to be able to step up without people thinking they look out there depth.

Agreed, Cody, Dolph and Miz are all ready for these spots so I think some quick work in making these guys look like threats is needed. Heck, a a six man tag win over Punk, Cena and Sheamus on Raw would do enough to get a fair few pay per view main events out of them, makes a lot more sense than losing to Khali for no apparent reason.

Edited by thesimonbegz

• Paid Members

Such a daft thing to say. Three scrubs beating their three top stars is going to make less sense than Khali routinely beating them like everyone would expect him to. Miz, Ziggler and Rhodes have been beaten half to death for months now. They are a million miles away a top spot. If Rhodes beat Punk or Ziggler beat Sheamus, it would make it look that Sheamus and Punk are really shit. It wouldn't put Rhodes and Ziggler over. You have to put people in the correct positions before you start pushing them. You can't just shovel them into feuds after telling us they aren't capable of winning a match.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members
All these injuries make burying Cody like the worst idea this year.

Am I the only one sick of people being thought of as being "buried" just because they've lost a few matches or one particularly high profile match? It's probably the most misused term in all of wrestling forums after "jobbing".

Up until the last pay per view, Cody had been Intercontinental champion for eight of the previous nine months. Since losing it, he's maintained a presence on television and is embroiled in a feud with the new champion. He's had a slight setback, he hasn't been "buried" at all.

• Paid Members

The sad thing is, Miz and Dolph have both been so close to being one of the top guys, or in Miz's case were for a while. WWE is just feckless when it comes to any sort of prolonged pushes though. The drop down the card for The Miz this year has been hard to watch at times, especially when he hasn't actually done anything to deserve it.

I'm not saying have all three of them go over top stars right now, but Cody, Ziggler and Miz would all be (or have been) believable top stars if they're used right, which they're not.