Luminar Leisure go into Administration

patiirc

• Paid Members

Good. The Liquid & Envy near us recently closed down, meaning less chav clubber scum on a Friday and Saturday night round here.

Mind you, it's still Redhill so it's hardly made a dent.

I struggle to understand why anyone pays to go to a nightclub these days with late bars open in virtually every town and city centre. The only point I can see in paying to get in somewhere is if they were vaguely discerning in the door policy and kept the scum count to a minimum, but most nightclubs in this country seem to have the opposite effect.

• Moderators
I struggle to understand why anyone pays to go to a nightclub these days with late bars open in virtually every town and city centre.

What's the difference between a late bar and a nightclub?

Late Bars aren't as noisy around my end. You can have conversations in them.

I struggle to understand why anyone pays to go to a nightclub these days with late bars open in virtually every town and city centre.

What's the difference between a late bar and a nightclub?

Late Bars aren't as noisy around my end. You can have conversations in them.

Aye, pretty much that. And the lack of a cover charge. My days of wanting to stop out until 4AM ended when I was about 26/27, but once you've paid a tenner to get into a club the chances are at least a couple of your group (usually the ones you're splitting a taxi with) will want to stay the distance to feel like they've 'got their money's worth'. So basically you end up paying well over the odds to end up stranded in a noisy, smelly warehouse sweatshop with a load of coked-up cunts.

Archived