GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Working the stock market involves a fair bit of time and effort, I think. And either Googling or trial and error. I'm not sure how many of the full ins and outs of it have been found yet, but I'm wondering whether stocks go up after a radio advert. I'm ignoring it until I've finished the main story.

Can you access the Bawsaq market on a 360 without Xbox Live Gold? I know when my PS3 isn't connected to the PSN, it gives a "the market is down for maintenance" message. But some of Lester's assassination/stock market missions involve stocks traded on the Bawsaq rather than the Liberty City Exchange.

• Awards Moderator
Perhaps they should have a functioning market where demand from players decides the prices, or even allow you to sell weapons second-hand.

EVE Online has had this for years. And sometimes the players revolt.

This is a restrained community. Can you *imagine* what the nihilistic GTA populous would do?

Working the stock market involves a fair bit of time and effort, I think. And either Googling or trial and error. I'm not sure how many of the full ins and outs of it have been found yet, but I'm wondering whether stocks go up after a radio advert. I'm ignoring it until I've finished the main story.

Can you access the Bawsaq market on a 360 without Xbox Live Gold? I know when my PS3 isn't connected to the PSN, it gives a "the market is down for maintenance" message. But some of Lester's assassination/stock market missions involve stocks traded on the Bawsaq rather than the Liberty City Exchange.

Cant say from experience, but ive read that bawsaq works with xbox live silver.

GTA Online wont though....

• Paid Members

Just turned off tonight at 46% through. It's a fucking wonderful piece of art.

Spoiler

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Don't know why but the hardest bit for me yet us landing the motor bike on the train with Trevor, kept over shooting and took about 8 attempts.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I've never known a game character I want to destroy more so than the knob head FIB agent. What a fucking cock.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

I also picked up a guy at the side of the road who's car had broken down and needed a lift to the airport. He was an investor and when I dropped him off he gave me a tip. I sunk all my money into that company and made 50k or so with each character from their 200k or so they have.

• Paid Members
All my trades seem to be off by an order of magnitude in the game. Says I'm making like 300,000 on a stock when in fact I'm making 30,000 for example.

Its the key time to sell that I'm not sussing just yet. I've got my head on with what and when to buy, but knowing the best time to sell is a bit of a twat.

There are hints in the game, such as previous to some missions in which it's mentioned that a company's stocks might rise. Also when you on on the net on your phone, there's sometimes adverts and stories about upcoming companies.

Anyway, pure joy

Kaz, spoiler tags ffs.

Soz steve, It's a discussion about a game that's been out for a week. Everyone on here is talking about their game, I didn't realise we had to spoiler tag our discussion. Hang on, what the fuck are you reading a discussion board about GTA for if you don't want to know about the game, especially that I struggled on a motor bike?

Hardly a spoiler is it?

You're talking about something that happens during a mission. A mission I and some others haven't done yet, and would like to find out about it by actually doing it. Others have spoiler tagged bits of information for in game missions, I think everyone should abide by this.

If you were talking about 'an old lady run down as your car was thrown through the air after a petrol station explosion lolz' I would agree with you. It's just common courtesy to spoiler tag something that everyone will experience when they get so far in the game as opposed to something random that happened.

And for the record, I come in this thread because I have the game and like to read other peoples experiences, read tips and offer my own.