GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

whar metal whar

Wrong Side Of The Tracks on GTA:SA made me unleash a barrage of swear words. Fifty attempts it took me. I remember Ralphy being all smug about beating it on #theukff, which depressed me further.

Am I the only one here who did it in about 5 or 6?

Shame they can't use the Internet connection so you can listen to real online stations. Admittedly very few people will get this reference, but the thought of driving round Los Santos while Brian Steele of Bristol Carpets does his Jack FM adverts is pretty tasty.

Eight hours of mid-nineties Radio 1 guff and Paul Darrow telling naff jokes would get a bit... naah. Bring it.

If you still need to figure out how big the map will be, check this from IGN:

I'm not sure what those comparison pics are meant to show, but I haven't touched a geography lesson since I was about thirteen. Are they all scaled equally? If so, then GTA 5's world isn't bigger than GTA 4, Red Dead and San Andreas combined.

• Paid Members
If you still need to figure out how big the map will be, check this from IGN:

I'm not sure what those comparison pics are meant to show, but I haven't touched a geography lesson since I was about thirteen. Are they all scaled equally? If so, then GTA 5's world isn't bigger than GTA 4, Red Dead and San Andreas combined.

Apparently they are to scale, and I've always had a feeling that they included the explorable ocean when they mention it was bigger than GTA4, RDR AND San Andreas combined.

Still, looking at that it's about three times the size of GTA4. I'm more than happy with that in itself.

• Paid Members

Usually it's by having it on islands and then setting it so that no matter how far out into the sea you go, it's a fixed distance back to land. San Andreas was an exception as the furthest North bit on the map was a desert that worked in the same way.

• Paid Members
Usually it's by having it on islands and then setting it so that no matter how far out into the sea you go, it's a fixed distance back to land. San Andreas was an exception as the furthest North bit on the map was a desert that worked in the same way.

Actually, the desert ended rising to cliffs and dropping into the ocean, and if you swam out a certain distance to either edge you would get a "You will drown in [timer]" message. The whole illusion could also be shattered with a fighter jet that would just turn 180 degrees back towards the land.

To answer Pitcos, from both the official trailer and one of the earlier ones there will be at least one mission set in the ocean, diving to a rig and coming back up in a submersible. Judging from the earlier teaser with the rig I'd say the floor could be around twice as deep as in San Andreas, so to be nerdy GTA 5 could fit GTA4, San Andreas and Red Dead with Vice City nestling underneath.

Black2, DO IT. It's patriotic.

Edited by seph