GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Trevor is fantastic. Franklin seems a bit one-dimensional, the "token black guy" and Michael, while somewhat interesting, still just seems like a slight reworking/aging of Tommy Vercetti as a parent. Trevor seems totally fresh as the unhinged nutter, and is completely hilarious. I've also made him look like a hick version of Damien Sandow, which makes everything he's involved in way more fun.

That first plane mission though... nearly made me rage-quit. I really lack the finesse for landing that fucker. Flying and steering wasn't too bad, but I must have attempted to land it about 10 times, maybe more.

Totally agree with everything you say here.

Franklin seems like a rehash of the guy from San Andreas so it just seems like same old with him, Michael seems a little more appealing as he has the "retired guy getting back into it whilst being a middle aged family man" thing going for him but I can see how it's just Tommy Vercetti grown up. Trevor though, he is the man! Absolutely love playing as Trevor, I've done a few of his missions now and must say those missions have been so much more fun and just being Trevor exploring the trailer parks and what not is so much more fun than riding around the city in a fancy car as Franklin or Michael. I love the feel of the trailer parks and that rural setting too.

The plane mission, bloody hell, I spent about an hour trying to land it. About half way through a mate rang me and asked if he'd woke me as I must have sounded tired, my reply made him laugh, "Nah, I'm playing GTA and have been trying to land a plane for about half an hour." I hadn't actually flown any planes in San Andreas though so I hadn't had any experience of it at all.

As far as any glitches or annoyances go I played it yesterday for about 5-6 hours and today for about 7 or 8 hours and the only thing that's happened to cause any worry was when I was Trevor I went into his trailer and it crashed, just froze, to be fair though by then I'd had it on for about 6-7 hours. Luckily the plane mission saved as I had a horrible feeling it hadn't.

I've not played a non-fifa game for, no word of a lie, maybe 10 years.

Working at HMV, its been hard to avoid the hype for this game so I took the plunge. I'm gonna start tomorrow. I literally have no idea how GTA even works.

Is it accessible for neo Luddites? Or have I spent 40 quid to spend a year trying to open a car door?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Are the cuckolders Xbox or ps3?

Doesn't matter. It's just a Rockstar thing. Even PC gamers can be big black bulls.

Cheers, when I eventually get home from dirty Leeds today I will get signed up

UKFF CREW. Join The Cuckolders now, or expect to get fucked up, son, once that multiplayer hits.

LET'S DO THIS

http://rsg.ms/1aOL2l2

Joined, same name as on here.

Have put about 10 hours into the game so far and am massively impressed with it. For a game of its size too, I've not had a single glitch or crash yet which is even more impressive. Have hardly got out of the main city area either and have yet to unlock Trevor and have been having a blast playing it.

Favourite moment so far (early-ish mission spoiler):

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

When you assassinate the head of Life Invader, aka Facebook

Tried to join the group under my username here and ended up as SlappyNutstring, so there we are.

Another here who struggled with the first plane mission. It took me about half an hour before I even realised you had to manually put the wheels down before landing, and another 20 minutes after that to actually land the plane steady enough so it wouldn't blow up.

Mind, I found the first helicopter mission even harder. Steadying that thing to the correct angle and the correct point was ridiculous.

I did the plane mission second attempt. First time I crashed trying to turn for a second approach.

I also spotted the first Laslow reference on the radio.

Looking forward to investigating some of these secrets on the blueprint map, just need someone to upload a good copy with the markings.

Favourite moment so far (early-ish mission spoiler):

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

When you assassinate the head of Life Invader, aka Facebook

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I actually watched the entire Fame or Shame episode before changing channel to the unveiling. Wasn't worth it. Great mission though.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();