GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Reading through the hands-on report on IGN, the most impressive thing seems to be the seamless transition between sandbox and mission. By the sound of it, when you (sometimes with a choice of character) walk into a mission marker, it goes straight to the 'cut scene' without any load or pause. When you finish a mission and return to sandbox, the game world continues rather than resetting. The example given was successfully ending a mission by setting a car on fire and, as you return to sandbox, a fire engine arrives. It also said if you bail out of a helicopter you are flying (and land with a parachute), you'll see a cloud of smoke in the distance and if you go over there later on, you'll find the wreckage.

Also, and it's almost hard to believe this isn't an exaggeration, once the sun sets, every single bit of light you can see in the game comes from an actual specific source that the game is mapping.

• Paid Members

From the sound of things, it seems like the gunplay's going to be similar to that seen in Max Payne 3, without the bullet-time. Which sounds great to me, shooting people in MP3 never got old.

When will the reviews go up? I'm desperate to read more about it and see it in action. Even though it will probably make the wait that much harder!

another version of the map is doing the rounds on twitter and various places and started on reddit and it is allegedly from the strategy guide. Make of it what you will but i kind of don't want to get my hopes up too much with only a week left. I'll put a link incase people don't want to be spoiled

LINK

Edited by iamtheman

Am I not just going to be able to walk into Game or Tesco and buy a copy of this next Weds? I can't think of a single game release where that hasn't been true.

I am lucky/unfortunate enough to work for one of the above. We will have plenty of stock. This game will not be offsale for weeks due to the high demand. You would be very unlucky not to be able to get a copy Wednesday.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Rural is good, Steve. San Andreas was by far the best map, which had plenty of rural. GTA IV to be honest had a boring map, far too much urban. Was a bit shit I thought. You're just scared of the mountains.

Edited by PunkStep