GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators
Never played GTA online as I feared it would be full of the usual "faggot nutmuncher" calling teenagers.

GTA Race mode is the most fun I've ever had gaming. And the first time I went into GTA multiplayer, the day GTA4 launched, I went straight into a team deathmatch where two black guys freestyle rapped about everything that was happening the whole way through.

I'll spend my life trying to recapture the greatness of that moment.

quick round up of various details

- Will go live two weeks after GTA V launch via a small patch.

- Maximum players online in one game world is 16

- Will contain all GTAV's single-player features and more. (Looting, co-op heists, deathmatches, races, gang attacks, crew vs crew playlists, sports (like tennis, BASE jumping, golf and more), plus 'ambient' events like armoured van robberies, crate drops, import/export car acquisition, bounties...)

- Money from heists must be dropped off in bank or portions of it can be lost if your killed

- Deluxe Garage storage online has a limit of 10 customized Vehicles (Land, Air, Sea)

- Can insure your cars, cars will also be impounded if left for too long

- Custom cars will show up on map

- Online stock market, can be played by damaging or attacking companies

- Invite friends playing GTA V Single Player any time into your game with your ingame phone

- Online Arm Wrestling

- Classic Online Game modes

- Reputation Points (RP) used as online mode reputation

- Houses and Apartments can be bought online

- Houses have live CCTV which can spy on friends

- Spectate people in your current game being chased by cops

- Content Creator to make custom races, vehicles, checkpoints

- Deathmatches with custom items, item spawn locations, vehicles and locations

Interview with Rockstar North President

Review of a demo version of Online

Leslie Benzies claims that Los Santos is only the beginning. The volume of creator tools, missions and items will grow, but at some stage GTA Online will head into new locations. He suggested they were sitting on a lot of content, and it doesn't take a genius to speculate what it might be.

I know what I definitely want it to be

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

Probably, but they'll wait a while. They'll sell as many as they can for PS3/360 over the next 6 months or so, then they'll announce an 'enhanced' next-gen/PC version to come out this time next year.

Good luck waiting that long. Even September 17th feels ages away! I'm going to start playing through the Ballad of Gay Tony again to help kill the time...

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
I wonder how firmly the barrier between the open world and the minigames will be in online? I like to imagine you'll be able to play tennis with someone and then shoot them if you are losing.

Or get an online buddy to 'Monica Seles' their ass.

What?

Is there any chance this might end up on PS4 or Xbox One at all? Both my PS3 and 360 are knackered :(

I'm amazed it isn't only next-gen. How they've squeezed all this onto the older consoles I've not idea, although the graphics are a little low res which might explain it. Like Far Cry 3 though, it doesn't really matter as long as it plays well.