The stop pushing these people for fucks sake ... thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The likes of Henry?

What you mean Mark Henry, the best performer they currently have?

And Henry/Show had a good match back at MITB, their rematch will be even better as Henry has come on leaps and bounds since then.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The likes of Henry?

And Henry/Show had a good match back at MITB, their rematch will be even better as Henry has come on leaps and bounds since then.

Actually I will give you that one the match at MITB was suprisingly good. Since then Henry has come a long way but I haven't really dissed Henry. I can just imagine at a Main Event Level minus the Chicago crowd they match wont come off as enjoyable, if enjoyable at all. I'm not saying Henry is a bad performer its just typical Big Man Vs Big Man matches are pretty shit.

• Paid Members
So you do understand what push means. You just don't understand the point of this thread...

Big Show - Back in the title picture and I can't say its great especially when he's been put in the program with the likes of Henry. The promos and brawls have been alright but nothing special. Their match is gonna be a shitfest and I can imagine Kane soon to be put in the feud too.

Kane - As above there is a open window for Kane to return to challenge Henry for the World Title. A potential push there. Kind of fresh feud for the WHC but it will more than likely be dreadful.

Swagger - He's still on telly, nuff said.

Ezekiel Jackson - When on telly although he rarely is hes still made out to be this big powerhouse and come over dominant. Which from his image he is but as IC champion he was really shit. Maybe I'm bitter that Barrett put him over.

Triple H - His promos grate on me recently and his recent promo burying the roster. He's made to look stronger than most the roster but it just seems like the same routine we've seen too many times before. With his recent push he's made Truth/Miz look like shit now after they were gaining a great momentum.

I suppose I do see the point of this thread.

You don't understand the point of this thread and you don't understand what a push is.

I haven't watched WWE regularly in about 7 years and haven't followed wrestling in general in 5 or 6. However I would always check the Rumble result as it would always interest me, even if I didn't have a clue what else was going on. I'd check but never bother watching. About a week or so ago I realised I hadn't checked this years Rumble result, and thought i'd do it via youtube.

The whole rumble match was on there so I thought I may as well watch it. I was presently suprised for a number of reasons. Firstly I pretty much didn't have a clue who most the people were which was refreshing and was pleased to see American Dragon & Cm Punk open it as I knew them from my past love for indie wrestling. And they pretty much kicked the fuck out of eachother in the indy style I remember, mixed with the WWE polish. I also thought it was one of the best rumbles i'd seen with the nexus cm punk angle, very watchable and believable.

When it was Orton and Del Rio, I rolled my eyes and thought 'yeah play it safe WWE' and waited for the inevetable... which didn't come as Del Rio won. So yeah, quick wikipedia look up of some of the years PPVs and im back.

Ive watched 2 raws and a smackdown and just want to say a couple of things. When I saw that Rio won the rumble I was a bit shocked and didn't buy him but haven't seen anything else that has been done with him so reserved judgement. I watched the Hell in a Cell main event and kind of bought into him a little bit more, but he doesn't scream champion to me, especially as he won with a weapon rather than a wrestling move. It also seems like every upper mid carder has had the belt in the last two years?? Quite willing to accept Mark Henry as a champion as I have been out of internet wrestling boards for a while and hes big and black and seems to kick fuck out of everyone.

So yeah, im quite enjoying the fact that WWE is telling ME who the stars are because ive not been following for so long. I like the fact theres a few brits on the card as well, and it didn't annoy the hell out of me to see HHH, and even had me marking on a few moments.

Final note, when the fuck are they going to get rid of that god awful bling belt? Its the worst belt on any level of any promotion ever.

• Paid Members
In my opinion, he was booked to look over-matched and out of his depth, then WWE seemed to completely abandon his push and not even book him in either of the Elimination Chamber a month or so later, despite finding places for R-Truth and Drew McIntyre, who'd done nothing to deserve it.

His "firing" was indeed a complete joke, and the insertion of Big Show in Ziggler's place was the biggest wet fart on a live PPV since Savio Vega, in my eyes. That Ziggler won the World title then failed to appear at Elimination Chamber and returned to PPV in a rushed six-person with that Snooki twat was one of the bigger disappointments of 2011 for me.

Mark Henry. I'm sorry, but for the last few months he's been working with Orton, Christian and Sheamus, so his matches have been good, but this Sundays gonna be poor!

Hogan and Flair - TNA have so many great young wrestlers who get nowhere near the TV time these 2 who were at their prime 20 years ago get

• Moderators
Mark Henry. I'm sorry, but for the last few months he's been working with Orton, Christian and Sheamus, so his matches have been good, but this Sundays gonna be poor!

You're insane. Mark Henry has been easily WWE's best act for the past 4-5 months, who's been built superbly and has taken to his role at the top with aplomb. Why would you stop pushing one of the few pushes recently that has really worked on every level? And moreover him and Show had a cracking little match at MITB. Big Show is a decent worker, and so is Mark Henry these days. It's not 2000. I honestly cannot see how someone would think the Mark Henry push needs to end. It's a stupid idea!

• Paid Members
The likes of Henry?

Actually I will give you that one the match at MITB was suprisingly good. Since then Henry has come a long way but I haven't really dissed Henry. I can just imagine at a Main Event Level minus the Chicago crowd they match wont come off as enjoyable, if enjoyable at all. I'm not saying Henry is a bad performer its just typical Big Man Vs Big Man matches are pretty shit.

The match at MITB was awful like every other Mark Henry match until the massive gimmick spots.

• Paid Members

Maybe not massive but from my memory the gimmick spots have been

Maybe not a match but the total awful set up that was slamming Big Show through a cage.

Jumping on Big show leg at MITB with chair.

Jumping on Kane leg with chair.

Also not a match but the throwing a guy backstage at some point. Also the Barge of the stage.

Sheamus through the guard rail.

Whatever he did to Khali. Was it the chair again?

Sure he put somebody through a table as well.

My point is weather in matches or in general i think Mark Henry is shit (Yes his promos too.) So he gets all the gimmick spots to try and make his character interesting which as failed so far.

Yeah i'm gonna have to agree with BRM here. It's funny because if someone said to me a year ago that Mark Henry was gonna be World Champion and it would be awesome i would've told them to fuck off but now it's actually happening i'm loving it. Mark Henry is definitly on the roll of a lifetime with this push and i hope it doesn't end anytime soon.

• Moderators

Maybe not a match but the total awful set up that was slamming Big Show through a cage.

Also not a match but the throwing a guy backstage at some point. Also the Barge of the stage.

My point is weather in matches or in general i think Mark Henry is shit (Yes his promos too.) So he gets all the gimmick spots to try and make his character interesting which as failed so far.

You mean the stuff which became part of his killer gimmick, and has succeeded in making him look dangerous and made his character interesting to the masses?

Shit promos? Honestly? You mean the supercool "Hall of Pain" stuff? Or like that tremendous promo he cut right after beating Orton for the title.

Yeah, stupid wasn't it. They should piss away all their hard and successful work and drop him into the midcard NOW.

The push of Mark Henry cannot be seen as anything other than a victory in every sense. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Everything is firing. The promos, the matches, everything else. It's exemplary.

Really, I swear on some people's feeds of Raw and Smackdown WWE must edit in footage of Mark Henry from 1998 or something.

• Paid Members

He doesn't seem to gather interest anywhere apart from on this forum to me. Which makes me kind of laugh seeing how many people jump on C.M Punk on this forum for gathering interest but not getting Buys.

Henry/Big show main event isn't going to be doing anything for business. It could go on first at Vengeance and it probably wouldn't make a difference to the crowd.

• Moderators
He doesn't seem to gather interest anywhere apart from on this forum to me.

Even ALVAREZ is on the Mark Henry wagon these days. In fact, other than in the weird world of Fin Martin and people like him, loads of the people who write or critique wrestling are on the Menry funbus.

• Paid Members

You mean the stuff which became part of his killer gimmick, and has succeeded in making him look dangerous and made his character interesting to the masses?

Shit promos? Honestly? You mean the supercool "Hall of Pain" stuff? Or like that tremendous promo he cut right after beating Orton for the title.

Yeah, stupid wasn't it. They should piss away all their hard and successful work and drop him into the midcard NOW.

The push of Mark Henry cannot be seen as anything other than a victory in every sense. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Everything is firing. The promos, the matches, everything else. It's exemplary.

Really, I swear on some people's feeds of Raw and Smackdown WWE must edit in footage of Mark Henry from 1998 or something.

Right you edited this after i replied.

The killer gimmick which makes him look dangerous looks so contrived to me. It's spot for spot.

The masses of WWE Live crowd are not that interested he gets the heel boos nothing more

His promos do nothing for me. I give you that one if you enjoy them.

Mark Henry era is not a victory. Promos are give or take. Matches are pretty dull. He won't draw. He won't get a second reign.

Archived