The stop pushing these people for fucks sake ... thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
Right you edited this after i replied.

Nope. Check the times. 3:43 comes before 3:46 on most clocks.

Mark Henry era is not a victory. Promos are give or take. Matches are pretty dull. He won't draw. He won't get a second reign.

From PWTorch. I believe it's called drawing, which apparently he won't do.

WWE Smackdown on Friday, October 14 scored a 2.23 rating, improving on the previous week's 2.02 rating, which continued the hot streak of impressive ratings since Mark Henry became World Hvt. champion.

Smackdown averaged 3.17 million viewers, up from 3.03 million viewers on Oct. 7. The overall rating and average viewership were virtually even with the live Tuesday night Smackdown special on August 30.

On cable TV Friday night, Smackdown ranked #5 in total viewers and #1 in its timeslot among all key male demographics. Among teen males 12-17, Impact ranked #2.

Smackdown's ratings increase appeared to come from an older male demographic above the age of 49. Compared to last week's show, Smackdown was down or flat compared to key male demographics and overall adult viewers (which includes female viewers). Most notable was the lowest m18-34 rating of the past four weeks during the hot streak.

Caldwell's Analysis: Smackdown certainly did not suffer from Raw's poor ratings performance in the second hour of last Monday's Raw when the audience tuned out. WWE just needs to continue what they're doing with Smackdown because it's working right now.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWE Smackdown on Friday, October 14 scored a 2.23 rating, improving on the previous week's 2.02 rating, which continued the hot streak of impressive ratings since Mark Henry became World Hvt. champion.

Yeah, but you can prove anything with facts. All that proves really is that Henry's shit. Anyone who's any good does terrible ratings.

cm_punk-2011cutout_by_jibunjishin21.png

I can understand why people wouldn't like him considering he's been treated like a joke for most of his career. But he's tried to combat that with the whole '15 years I've been waiting for this' thing. A lot of people might find him slow and plodding but I've enjoyed him and don't think he has been that slow. And you need the slow big guy along with your fast cruiserweights. I thought his match with Orton at Hell In A Cell was pretty boring though.

Overall, I've enjoyed it. And "the crowd are only booing. Nothing else" is ridiculous.

• Paid Members
The last 3 Smackdowns have all been main-evented by Randy Orton.

Butch you think Henry will get a 2nd reign?

Because Orton is chasing the title, and needs to re-establish himself in the hunt. I love how "main event" supposedly equals "biggest draw". Check the quarter hours. People came to see the champion. If Henry wasn't a success he'd have lost if by now. People are desperate to find faults in this title reign. Makes it even funnier when its been proved by everyone from Meltzer to Alvarez to PWMalware that Henry is the reason business on Smackdown is so good. Henry's performances have been nothing but excellent since his heel turn. Goes back to what's been said on here many times. If its your favourite, you find excuses. If its not your favourite you find fault.

• Moderators
Butch you think Henry will get a 2nd reign?

I haven't a clue. I'm not concerned with the future, just the now. Anyway, have you actually come up with a decent reason which isn't a pile of shit yet why Menry shouldn't have his deserved and successful push rather than just because you don't like him and seem to be stuck in the early C21st?

• Paid Members

Of course he hasn't, because there isn't a decent reason. I remember years and years ago hoping that 2006 would roll around so that Mizark's contract would finally expire and they could fuck him off. Never been a fan of him, but that's purely due to how he has been booked. I mean, he wasn't great in the ring back in the day, but he wasn't a rolling clusterfuck like Sin Cara is. He was just given shit after shit once the Nation had fallen apart. Impregnating Mae Young with a hand?? How the fuck do you recover from that?! With smart booking several years later, that's how.

When they moved him to SD and started having him rape people up big time, he looked the part. As time grew, they invested more into him and he looked even more the part. Really makes me wonder why they haven't done this sooner, but who cares- his current run is refreshing and believable. He has had decent matches and has carried his own in those bouts- all whilst looking like a fucking killer. Fair play to him, you could see during some interviews how much it meant to him. It was as if he wanted to say "I'm finally here, fellas". He has been brilliant this year. Fuck the haters, this is one push that has been done superbly.

Smackdown's ratings increase appeared to come from an older male demographic above the age of 49. Compared to last week's show, Smackdown was down or flat compared to key male demographics and overall adult viewers (which includes female viewers). Most notable was the lowest m18-34 rating of the past four weeks during the hot streak.

I'm in no position to join this debate, as it's going to take a lot more than a Mark Henry title run to affect my total apathy towards the WWE these days. I'm loving the revelation that Henry is a massive hit with American codgers though, and await the release of the new range of Mark Henry flat caps and carpet slippers on Shopzone.

Of course he hasn't, because there isn't a decent reason. I remember years and years ago hoping that 2006 would roll around so that Mizark's contract would finally expire and they could fuck him off. Never been a fan of him, but that's purely due to how he has been booked. I mean, he wasn't great in the ring back in the day, but he wasn't a rolling clusterfuck like Sin Cara is. He was just given shit after shit once the Nation had fallen apart. Impregnating Mae Young with a hand?? How the fuck do you recover from that?! With smart booking several years later, that's how.

When they moved him to SD and started having him rape people up big time, he looked the part. As time grew, they invested more into him and he looked even more the part. Really makes me wonder why they haven't done this sooner, but who cares- his current run is refreshing and believable. He has had decent matches and has carried his own in those bouts- all whilst looking like a fucking killer. Fair play to him, you could see during some interviews how much it meant to him. It was as if he wanted to say "I'm finally here, fellas". He has been brilliant this year. Fuck the haters, this is one push that has been done superbly.

couldn't agree more. Absolutely loving Mark Henry at the moment. I don't see where any hate is coming from, honestly.

Anyone hating on Mark Henry clearly has penis envy. Imagine the size of his cock.

Racist.

Mark Henry has basically revived my Smackdown watching habits, which disappeared YEARS ago. The guy is brilliant. It does help that guys like Sheamus, Bryan and Orton are there, but it had been so long that I needed that tip over the edge. He did it.

I had total apathy for Henry for years and had never given up on him more than when Show came out for Del Rio and beat the shit out of Henry. Ironically, it was that moment that, either directly or indirectly, ushered in this Hall of Pain push that has had him very cleverly booked and followed through effectively. I was getting right into the push when he faced Orton but figured he would do the job and be back in the midcard. Putting Henry over clean is the best bit of forward thinking booking they have done for a long time. I am currently into Mark Henry more than anything on TV and considering I had apathy for the guy from 1999 up to mid 2011, that shows he has converted a lot of people. However, clearly not all

Archived