The stop pushing these people for fucks sake ... thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not going to get any further with Vickie Guerrero and if he does, it will fail. They need to focus the heat on him rather than Vickie Guerrero. It's an illusion that Ziggler is over because he gets boos when he comes out; it's more because of Vickie. Saying that, people say that Vickie Guerrero's a heat magnet but a) wrestlers aren't becoming much more hated because of her and b) she seems to get booed because the 'WWE Universe' are programmed to boo her. It's 'what you do' when she comes out. And obviously she gets booed because of her horrible voice. I don't think that's main event calibre manager though. I think she's better at getting a face over who counters her in a promo/puts her in cake like someone else did this year than getting her client over.

I think the stuff with Hugh Jackman was a step in the right direction for him though. He doesn't draw genuine heat from me though. It's like 'alright, I'll boo this guy because that's what you're meant to do'. He seems too insider for me to see him as a heel too if that makes sense. Like his stuff on Z! True Long Island Story is fun but it doesn't make me think of him as a genuine heel. For the internet fans, it's cool to like him.

• Paid Members

Cody's gimmick would be great if the announcers acknowledged that Cody is talking shit and his face is clearly fine and just has a mental issue, but they don't. They go along with it and pretend that Cody actually is disfigured, that's the problem.

With that being said, I rate Cody and he is one of the most promising new stars along with Ziggler and Swagger. I also disagree with those nominating Orton, Christian and Sheamus.

Del Rio still has a lot to prove for me, he is very weak on the mic but they still expose him on it every week.

My overall nomination would be Ezekiel Jackson. I find him very dull and slow in the ring, he's not over with the crowd and it's difficult not to fast forward his matches every week, regardless of who his opponent is. I don't like his torture rack, either.

• Moderators
He's not going to get any further with Vickie Guerrero and if he does, it will fail. They need to focus the heat on him rather than Vickie Guerrero. It's an illusion that Ziggler is over because he gets boos when he comes out; it's more because of Vickie. Saying that, people say that Vickie Guerrero's a heat magnet but a) wrestlers aren't becoming much more hated because of her and b) she seems to get booed because the 'WWE Universe' are programmed to boo her. It's 'what you do' when she comes out. And obviously she gets booed because of her horrible voice. I don't think that's main event calibre manager though. I think she's better at getting a face over who counters her in a promo/puts her in cake like someone else did this year than getting her client over.

I think you've forgotten why people started booing her in the first place. People don't just do it because they're told to..

I do think you're right about her being better for the faces giving her comeuppance than the guys she manages though.

I think you've forgotten why people started booing her in the first place. People don't just do it because they're told to..

I do think you're right about her being better for the faces giving her comeuppance than the guys she manages though.

Ok, maybe I skimmed over that a bit. I'm not saying she initially got boos for nothing, I'm saying that it's been a while since the Edge and Vickie thing and I think the boos that she got then she's still getting now despite not really warranting it so much. Like I say, it just seems like that's what you do. She is annoying because of her voice but I'm not sure I'd class her as great at getting heat. Put it this way; her 'heat' doesn't translate into money at the moment and it's not getting the heels over much though it is the faces when they get the comeuppance. If anything, she's a distraction as the camera cuts to her so much during the heel's match.

Big Show - how the hell he's still got a job in WWE in 2011, let alone a world title shot is beyond me.

Dolph - is about the right level for him at the moment; he just needs to do something different to push on to world title level. I'd have bought him as a world champ earlier this year, if he'd not been buried by Edge at the Rumble.

Cody Rhodes - I like his gimmick, it reminds me of Patrick Bateman in American Psycho. I like how it's developed from the pretty-boy obsessed with grooming to the mask, and there's just something old-school about it. It's also completely different from the standard generic bad guy most WWE mid-card heels do, and these days, anything that stands out makes one hell of a difference.

Also, as a new guy to this forum, I love how this thread diverted to a debate about Cena's next t-shirt!

• Paid Members
Dolph - is about the right level for him at the moment; he just needs to do something different to push on to world title level. I'd have bought him as a world champ earlier this year, if he'd not been buried by Edge at the Rumble.

There's a world of difference between "beaten by" and "buried by". Ziggler looked really competitive before losing to Edge, which he only did because Ziggler firstly got distracted by Vicki getting lamped by some useless cow at ringside, then being the recipient of a move which in the context of the match was illegal, because the ref was down.

Ziggler didn't look out of his depth once is his run with Edge - I suppose which might be attributed in part to how well Edge made him look, - and their matches were really good, with Ziggler even being rewarded with a brief title reign. True, he won the title on a ridiculous retrospective Dusty finish, and only held it for three minutes, and you might say THAT did some harm to his long-term main event prospects, but "buried" at the Rumble? No, your honour.

Sin Cara - I understand this guy cost a shit load to bring over but fuck me.. hes a train wreck in the ring and there's only so many chances they can give him. The whole storyline with Huncio has been piss poor too. I feel that once he comes off this feud where else is there for him to go? He can't speak english which means he wont be able to cut a promo or have his character developed in this day and age. I would just of preferred them to have not signed him and just had Mysterio as the main masked/high flyer they've got.

Ezekiel Jackson - I can only say the guy has had one decent match which was at the Rumble '10 against Christian but other than that he hasn't. I personally think they should have made Gabriel/Barrett as a long term feud for the IC title. With the end result being Gabriel getting the rub and go into a program with Rhodes.

Also there is the other obvious choices Cena/Show/Orton/Trips/Kane/Swagger

There's a world of difference between "beaten by" and "buried by". Ziggler looked really competitive before losing to Edge, which he only did because Ziggler firstly got distracted by Vicki getting lamped by some useless cow at ringside, then being the recipient of a move which in the context of the match was illegal, because the ref was down.

Ziggler didn't look out of his depth once is his run with Edge - I suppose which might be attributed in part to how well Edge made him look, - and their matches were really good, with Ziggler even being rewarded with a brief title reign. True, he won the title on a ridiculous retrospective Dusty finish, and only held it for three minutes, and you might say THAT did some harm to his long-term main event prospects, but "buried" at the Rumble? No, your honour.

My post was poorly worded - I meant that he ended up looking out of his depth against Edge during the length of their run together, and in the end was shown to be reliant on a dodgy Vickie G to win the title, and hold it for the princely sum of about 3 minutes. If he'd notched one (non-title) victory against Edge following the Rumble, then I'd hold out more hope for him.

In my opinion, he was booked to look over-matched and out of his depth, then WWE seemed to completely abandon his push and not even book him in either of the Elimination Chamber a month or so later, despite finding places for R-Truth and Drew McIntyre, who'd done nothing to deserve it.

• Paid Members
Sin Cara - I understand this guy cost a shit load to bring over but fuck me.. hes a train wreck in the ring and there's only so many chances they can give him. The whole storyline with Huncio has been piss poor too. I feel that once he comes off this feud where else is there for him to go? He can't speak english which means he wont be able to cut a promo or have his character developed in this day and age. I would just of preferred them to have not signed him and just had Mysterio as the main masked/high flyer they've got.

Ezekiel Jackson - I can only say the guy has had one decent match which was at the Rumble '10 against Christian but other than that he hasn't. I personally think they should have made Gabriel/Barrett as a long term feud for the IC title. With the end result being Gabriel getting the rub and go into a program with Rhodes.

Big Show has been out for months, Kane hasn't even come back yet, HHH has only just come back and Swagger is in a mid-card tag team feud. I haven't even seen Big Zeke for weeks on end. I don't think you understand what being pushed is.

Big Show has been out for months, Kane hasn't even come back yet, HHH has only just come back and Swagger is in a mid-card tag team feud. I haven't even seen Big Zeke for weeks on end. I don't think you understand what being pushed is.

You don't say?..

I'm referring to the past year of pushes we've seen and thankfully many of them have had their pushes stopped.

So you do understand what push means. You just don't understand the point of this thread...

Big Show - Back in the title picture and I can't say its great especially when he's been put in the program with the likes of Henry. The promos and brawls have been alright but nothing special. Their match is gonna be a shitfest and I can imagine Kane soon to be put in the feud too.

Kane - As above there is a open window for Kane to return to challenge Henry for the World Title. A potential push there. Kind of fresh feud for the WHC but it will more than likely be dreadful.

Swagger - He's still on telly, nuff said.

Ezekiel Jackson - When on telly although he rarely is hes still made out to be this big powerhouse and come over dominant. Which from his image he is but as IC champion he was really shit. Maybe I'm bitter that Barrett put him over.

Triple H - His promos grate on me recently and his recent promo burying the roster. He's made to look stronger than most the roster but it just seems like the same routine we've seen too many times before. With his recent push he's made Truth/Miz look like shit now after they were gaining a great momentum.

I suppose I do see the point of this thread.

Archived