The stop pushing these people for fucks sake ... thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Waste of breathe, Ian. Save it. The guy is an idiot.

Would have to disagree hard with Ziggler, Sheamus and Orton from this thread. Stick by my nomination for Alberto Dull Rio. Genius pun there. He is a fine wrestler but he's a chore to watch. He's not over in the slightest either.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cena - Still boring since 2005

Stop pushing your top draw and cash cow? That'll work.

I believe the top cash cow is now CM Punk

Ron_Killing__Vince_McMahon_laughing_original_original_original_original_crop_650x440.jpg

Im glad someone else thinks he is joking. Why do people have a hard time believing that Cena is the man and probs will always be the man REGARDLESS of who ever else gets pushed

Here's a slight left-field one for you: Sheamus.

I actually love Sheamus and I do see him as a top guy, but right now he's not involved in any of the real top stories and yet he still seems to be afforded an insane amount of protection and promotion. True, I guess there's a fair shout to say "that's something WWE are getting right", keeping Sheamus' main event embers burning even while he's on the outside of it, but there have been loads of times recently when I've been watching and thought, "jeez, how did this guy become so untouchable?". He comes out of 95% of his segments on top, finds a way to weasel into segments and shows he doesn't really need to be in, gets plenty of interview time without much to say; it's all very well and good pushing the guy, but I feel like I get it already. Yeah, he's awesome. I know. Now please let him take a beating to make some other people look good. Or at least put a similar effort into helping other guys (Punk, for example) maintain their momentum and positions.

That's absolutely what they shouldn't do. If you're gonna make a star badass character, you build him to fuck and protect him to fuck. Not half a year or so and then decide he's over enough and now it's time for him to put Ziggler over. No one gets as over as they should that way. This is almost certainly building to a win for the title over Mark Henry which, considering how they're building Henry, is going to help elevate him some more.

The thing with Dolph Ziggler is I think he is in the perfect position now as IC/US title calibre superstar and I dont think I could buy him as a main eventer and regular world champion/challenger.

Some guys have their place on the card and I feel Ziggler's is mid-card/upper mid-carder. He's definitely a talented wrestler and I enjoy most of his matches but cant see him getting much futher beyond his current position

Yep, I agree. Not everyone's going to be a main eventer. If he main evented, he'd bomb. He's fine as a midcarder/upper midcarder.

• Paid Members
Cena - Still boring since 2005

Stop pushing your top draw and cash cow? That'll work.

I believe the top cash cow is now CM Punk

Ron_Killing__Vince_McMahon_laughing_original_original_original_original_crop_650x440.jpg

I presume he's getting at the fact Punk has 'apparently' outsold Cena in terms of merchandise over the summer. This does not in any way make him their top cash cow. If Cena turns heel you lose all that revenue from merchandise etc, but if you were to turn Punk heel, would the same fans who have bought the Punk T shirt really stop buying his merch, as it was probably mostly adult males who bought the 'best in the world' shirt? I'd say no, they'd mostly still buy his stuff, Cena not so much, and as such turning Cena would surely be financial suicide given the way business is at the moment.

• Paid Members
I presume he's getting at the fact Punk has 'apparently' outsold Cena in terms of merchandise over the summer. This does not in any way make him their top cash cow. If Cena turns heel you lose all that revenue from merchandise etc, but if you were to turn Punk heel, would the same fans who have bought the Punk T shirt really stop buying his merch, as it was probably mostly adult males who bought the 'best in the world' shirt? I'd say no, they'd mostly still buy his stuff, Cena not so much, and as such turning Cena would surely be financial suicide given the way business is at the moment.

The reason he's "outsold Cena" over the summer is because of a new t-shirt on the market. Cena is usually getting knocked off the top spot, if a new shirt comes on sale because nobody is rushing in droves to buy old shirts, because they'd have bought that when it came out. DX was always knocking Cena off the monthy merchandise spot. Cena's had the same shirt since March, so thats probably on its last legs. Punk is definitely a popular guy, but Cena is so far ahead of anyone in that company as it pertains to selling merchandise its not even funny. He is on everything they put out.

• Paid Members

The reason he's "outsold Cena" over the summer is because of a new t-shirt on the market. Cena is usually getting knocked off the top spot, if a new shirt comes on sale because nobody is rushing in droves to buy old shirts, because they'd have bought that when it came out. DX was always knocking Cena off the monthy merchandise spot. Cena's had the same shirt since March, so thats probably on its last legs. Punk is definitely a popular guy, but Cena is so far ahead of anyone in that company as it pertains to selling merchandise its not even funny. He is on everything they put out.

Aye, completely agree, it would be interesting to see what the figures are like over the whole year, and I'd say Punk is up there, but still nowhere near Cena over 12 months, because no-one is.

I don't agree with criticism against Ziggler's promo skills. In fact, I think they should split him and Vicki so he can talk more on screen. At this point, I think she's holding him back somewhat. His gimick can evolve without her now.

In ring, he's a general, right?

#Heel

Archived