UFC 138: 'Leben vs Munoz' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let anyone currently in Birmingham know, Rashad Evans & Ross Pearson are doing a signing tonight at Waterstone's New Street at 6:30pm.

And on Saturday (day of the show), Pearson and Dean Amasinger (from TUF 9) will be doing a signing at the Fearless store on New Street at 2:30pm-3:30pm.

• Paid Members

Fucking gutted about Taylor/Njokuani. That and Pickett/Barao were the 2 fights I was most looking forward to. Big hit to the card. I'm still looking forward to it though.

Diabate vs Perosh will probably be decent but I think they should have moved Omigawa/Young to the main card instead. That should be a fun little fight.

• Paid Members

Despite boasting a lukewarm lineup, UFC 138 has already set the revenue record for Birmingham, England's LG Arena. UFC managing director of international development Marshall Zelaznik announced the news at Thursday morning's pre-fight press conference.

The is arena record is all-encompassing, comprised of both sporting and non-sporting events.

In addition, Zelaznik announced that the event is hastily closing in on a sellout, with just "a couple hundred seats" remaining available for purchase. The LG Arena supports a peak attendance of 16,000.

so much for the poor lineup.

• Paid Members
What else has that arena held? Coming to an MMA starved territory like the UK is going to get a big card even if it's full of B and C-tier guys.

The LG/NEC's been here for ages. They've held all sorts, gigs, stand up I went to a WWF show there as a kid aswell. It's a decent size arena. You're right though, the reason they sell out is because they only come here once a year tops and people will snap tickets up because it's their only chance of seeing UFC live all year.

I seem to be in the minority that is looking forward to 138 and I'm happy I'm going (although I am very disappointed the Taylor/Njokuani fight is off). But I will admit if they came here 3 or 4 times a year its highly unlikely they'd be selling out with a Leben/Munoz headliner.

It's basically a Fight Night. Which I think is where a lot of the criticism comes from because they've numbered it. If they called it UFC Fight Night: Leben vs Munoz I don't think people's expectations would have been as high for names. I'm pretty confident the fights will deliver on the night though.

Despite boasting a lukewarm lineup, UFC 138 has already set the revenue record for Birmingham, England's LG Arena. UFC managing director of international development Marshall Zelaznik announced the news at Thursday morning's pre-fight press conference.

The is arena record is all-encompassing, comprised of both sporting and non-sporting events.

In addition, Zelaznik announced that the event is hastily closing in on a sellout, with just "a couple hundred seats" remaining available for purchase. The LG Arena supports a peak attendance of 16,000.

It's still a sub-standard line-up Ebb, regardless of how many fans are willing to pay top dollar.

It's still a sub-standard line-up Ebb, regardless of how many fans are willing to pay top dollar.

Miserable Bastard :p

I am really looking forward to tomorrow, my first UFC live. The card may lack star power but I think the top 3 bouts on the main card will be of decent quality.

I would guess ticket prices for fight nights are substantially lower than for numbered events.

Dana is really taking the piss with this card. It'll tell in the end, the effects are only felt down the road. They need to come back with a strong card next year, prefereably with a title fight. They have 7 titles now, and the 3 lighter ones aren't really draws on PPV anyway, so they might as well throw us a bone.

this is a weird for me. ufc is taking over my life and im fucking enjoying ufc so much more than wrestling.

I completely understand what people are saying we get screwed over here with respect of NAMES.

but what we lack in names we fucking make up for in fights. lets face it boys and girls we dont watch the ufc for the fucking hug's do we?

we watch it for the fucking scraps and i am pumped for this show.

i fucking love brad picket and have seen a few of his wec fights so exited to see if he can deliver on a grander scale.

alves is always a fucking hoot so will be routing for him.

the main event for me is going to be bloody in my opinion. i say leben second round tko for me.

come on guys lets fukcing enjoy what we have got and get exited for that instead of moaning about what we dont have

would it have been nice for say the bj vs diaz fight last week sure but we dont get that for some reason only dana knows that anwser

i have a man crush on paul kelly aswell have no idea why but i get giddy as fuck when he's on shame he's off the card :( so yeah LETS GET IT ON

this is a weird for me. ufc is taking over my life and im fucking enjoying ufc so much more than wrestling.

I completely understand what people are saying we get screwed over here with respect of NAMES.

but what we lack in names we fucking make up for in fights. lets face it boys and girls we dont watch the ufc for the fucking hug's do we?

i fucking love brad picket and have seen a few of his wec fights so exited to see if he can deliver on a grander scale.

the main event for me is going to be bloody in my opinion. i say leben second round tko for me.

come on guys lets fukcing enjoy what we have got and get exited for that instead of moaning about what we dont have

would it have been nice for say the bj vs diaz fight last week sure but we dont get that for some reason only dana knows that anwser

i have a man crush on paul kelly aswell have no idea why but i get giddy as fuck when he's on shame he's off the card :( so yeah LETS GET IT ON

^^^^THIS ABOVE ^^^

My first ufc event aswell and im really looking forward to it :alien:

• Paid Members

:laugh: so many fucks there I thought Dana had joined the forum.

On the bold bit, Paul Kelly is no longer with the UFC mate. Last I heard he was rumoured to be fighting Andre Winner at BAMMA 8 which will be in Nottingham on Dec 8th. I love Tellys aswell, his fight with Paul Taylor in the UFC a few years ago was amazing live. I've been a fan of both ever since.

Archived