UFC 138: 'Leben vs Munoz' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a decent enough card for a TV event, but I'd not pay good money to actually go to it.

It's not even neccesarily the big names I'm looking for, but more the relevant fights. If it was something like Guida vs Henderson I would have probably went. All the same, it'll be a decent card, and I'll certainly be watching.

Yeah I agree with all of that, it'll be a good night of fights but Leben vs. Munoz is a fight that won't affect the division RE: who wins/loses and isn't (imo) worth a 400-mile round trip (be even more for David).

Had it of been Manchester, I'd have probably went as I have family near by.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil De Fries original opponent Oli Thompson is injured and out of the fight, so instead De Fries will now face Rob Broughton.

Definitely a tougher test for Phil but I'm still relatively confident he can take Broughton here, better ground game, movement & as good/if not better boxing.

Just really hope these prelims get shown on Facebook, got alot of lads from BJJ (where Phil used to train until recently) wanting to see it.

Matt Brown has tweeted that John Hathaway is injured and has pulled out of the fight. He is waiting on a replacement.

The replacement is Seth Baczynski, but that fight has been moved to UFC 139 instead.

• Paid Members

Deffo Etim's fight for me. Big fan of him, hope he can bounce back from his last loss and the long layoff.

Shame about the pullouts. It's never gonna happen but I'd love to see them move Guida/Bendo a week forward to this card. At least it would get televised then.

• Paid Members
Big names don't necessary mean bad fights. Looking forward to seeing some of the names I've not seen fight. Love Leben - history making main event.

Yeah forgot about that. This will be the first ever 5 round non title fight. Doubt it will go 5 but still, it is the first.

I said a while ago that all main events should be 5 rounds. So I obviously think it's a good idea.

Card looks awful.

• Paid Members

Various reliable sites are saying the weigh ins will be at the NIA - Community Hall at 4pm on the 4th Nov.

Is this right? I thought they always had the weigh ins at the same venue as the event itself? Which in this case would be the NEC/LG Arena not the NIA.

Various reliable sites are saying the weigh ins will be at the NIA - Community Hall at 4pm on the 4th Nov.

Is this right? I thought they always had the weigh ins at the same venue as the event itself? Which in this case would be the NEC/LG Arena not the NIA.

No not always, occasionally happens elsewhere if venue is occupied the day of the weigh-ins (which after a quick check, it seems the Arctic Monkeys are playing the LG Arena that night).

For the Lytle/Hardy card the other month, the weigh-ins took place in the Harley Davidson museum & the weigh-ins for the last show in Vancouver took place outside right near a river due to the NHL Stanley Cup Final.

• Paid Members

Cheers for that Metal :thumbsup:

Despite having gone to UFC's before I've never actually been to the weigh ins cos of work and stuff but I'm off that Friday so I'm gonna go. What's the best time to get there for the weigh ins? I'm not a Fight Club member so I know they'll get in first, but just wondering how early to get there.

• Paid Members

the weigh-in's for UFC 120 took place at the Excel Arena in London, whilst the event took place at the o2.

I highly recommend the weigh-in's, seeing them in person at 120 was fucking great, i love fight build-up and ive stated before that the weigh-in's are very much a part of the event, very cool to see live. They fucking bang them out quick though, they last about 15mins tops. Wouldn't surprise me if the UFC do some kind of Q&A type thing as well, if they are it's again, well worth checking out.

• Paid Members

they could be, i went to the Expo in London though so they were open to anyone who was at the Expo. Had Bruce Buffer, Dana White, Joe Rogan & Mike Goldberg, and Rashad Evans. They were all excellent.

That'll have been just cause it was at the Expo, for most shows its just fight club members. However for Fight Night shows in the US the Q&A is open to the genereal public, I don't know where this event will fall under though - for UFC 105 the Q&A was just for fight club members (with GSP).

• Paid Members
The fighter doing the Q&A is Rashad Evans, but sadly it appears only for the Fight Club members.

Shame. I'm a big fan of Rashad aswell.

Is anyone on here a Fight Club member? With them only coming over once a year tops I've never bothered becoming a member. How much does it cost and what do you get for your dough?

Archived