The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Disclaimer: Anne Savage, Lisa Lashes, Lisa Pin-Up and Amber D are exceptions to the rule.

Lisa Lashes told me to shut the fuck up once.

I told Lisa Lashes to shut the fuck up once. I WIN!

PunkStep: What about Miss Kelly Marie, Lucca and Kate Lawler?

Edited by Carbomb

Disclaimer: Anne Savage, Lisa Lashes, Lisa Pin-Up and Amber D are exceptions to the rule.

Leave the engine running when parked up outside?

Anyway, Kemistry and Storm were ace as well. Didn't mind DJ Rap either.

• Paid Members

Sadly I don't know the first two. As for Kate Lawler- you having a laugh?! She was the first example I was going to use until I remembered Paris Hilton!

• Paid Members

Sadly I don't know the first two. As for Kate Lawler- you having a laugh?! She was the first example I was going to use until I remembered Paris Hilton!

She's actually gotten quite competent. No great shakes, but I wouldn't call her shit, really.

• Moderators

This is a retarded discussion. Obviously there are some decent women DJs out there. And clearly most DJs of either gender are fucking rubbish.

But whilst we're on the topic anyway - Sarah Love is hot, and plays decent music. But plays pretty much the same fucking set everytime I've seen her supporting a gig.

Leave the engine running when parked up outside?

I think he was sobbing too loudly, actually.

I was dismantling the stage after the event at my university's student union and apparently the sound of moving equipment was too deafening for her after her 2 hours of electronic pulsing music thumping out at a kabillion decibels.

• Paid Members
She's actually gotten quite competent. No great shakes, but I wouldn't call her shit, really.

Fair enough, I haven't listened to her in a while. If she's stuck with it and worked hard, then fair play to her.

This is a retarded discussion. Obviously there are some decent women DJs out there. And clearly most DJs of either gender are fucking rubbish.

Most DJs are pretty gash. There was a DJ that used to play in my gym on Friday nights, with a decent set-up. He was fucking rotten. I know some people have this argument that a DJ should be able to beat-match (I personally think you should, even if the most important thing is getting the crowd into the music), but this guy was all over the place. His beats sounded like a few different life support machines all over the place. I haven't spent more than several hours trying to DJ and I know I could have done a much better job. Buying a set of SL 1200's doesn't make you a DJ.

• Paid Members

The very little I learned from my old job was that a good DJ needs to be able to at the very least be competent enough to match beats and pitch (or at least be creative in the transition to make it as smooth or entertaining as possible), know his/her way around the equipment so as to be able to draw as much effect out of the music (s)he's playing as possible, know how to put together a set which will entertain the crowd instead of boring them or burning them out, and be adaptable enough to read the crowd's reactions and change up his set if (s)he doesn't think it's going to match the atmosphere.

Tried it out myself, and found I had no aptitude for even the basics. So I stuck to booking.

Edited by Carbomb

The very little I learned from my old job was that a good DJ needs to be able to at the very least be competent enough to match beats and pitch (or at least be creative in the transition to make it as smooth or entertaining as possible), know his/her way around the equipment so as to be able to draw as much effect out of the music (s)he's playing as possible, know how to put together a set which will entertain the crowd instead of boring them or burning them out, and be adaptable enough to read the crowd's reactions and change up his set if (s)he doesn't think it's going to match the atmosphere.

And, of course, know how to put an 80's cheese playlist together. Proper DJs do that you know.