going on a diet

wwffan2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Some one told me to cut down on carb's and regulate when you have them in the day. So having anything late on in the day low in carbs. I was also told to eat regular smaller meals as it maintains a healthier and more active metabolism. That might be shit though.Personally I find exercise is 90% for me. I eat really well any way but If I can't get time to get to gym I pile it on quite quick. But that's just me and every one is different.I lost about 4 stone in 12 months and it was mainly just being sensible and finding time to exercise, which was much simpler when I was on the dole. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Weightwatchers pro-points. Lost 1 stone in the 1st 3 weeks, and on average about 2lbs every week since. I do the online version so I don't have the humiliation of going to a fat club. Still get the chance of a chippy tea and a Curry once a week, and not felt hungry since I started.

• Moderators

You should approach eating in the same way that I'd like you to do when posting on the UKFF. Do less of it. When you think "You know what, I'm gonna start a thread/eat a burger". Just don't.The weight, and threads, will go away pretty easily like that.

• Paid Members

what would you eat on days when I don't get home from work to 10pm any advice.

Chicken salad. You can make it up before you go out to work and its good for you. Any sensible chicken based dish, try grilling anything instead of frying and choose lean cuts of meat. Eggs are also quite good if you are cooking them in a good way, not fried or anything. Prawns and a lot shellfish I also believe are quite good.This is where It turns out my knowledge of food is wrong and the weight loss was all down to aids or something.

AS someone who has always struggled with the podge, heres some words of wisdom. Weight Watchers Pro-Points - definately a good idea. Eat only " brown" carbs - in other words, brown pasta, brown rice, sweet potato instead of normal, wholegrain bread etc. Much lower GI than their white counterparts. Slow, steady cardio first thing in the morning - even just walking the dog. Make it 45 mins, and just enough to give you a light sweat...this will kick start your metabolism and burn fat, not muscle. Take up a new sport - something like kickboxing, or judo. This way, youll be doing a couple of hours of cardiona week whilst doing something you actually enjoy. And you forget that youre " working out" during the class. Forget " fad" diets or supplements - the only real way to lose weight, and keep it off, is to change the way you think about food, and expend more calories than you consume. It really is that simple. Any " lose a stone in a week" diet is always destined to fail. Youll probably lose more in the first few weeks, then itll reduce to 1-2lbs a week. This is fine - keep at it, and before you know it youll be at your goal weight. Good luck!

Archived