going on a diet

wwffan2

Depends how strict you want to be with your diet. If your willing to stick to it then these 5 rules will guarantee weight loss.

1. No Alcohol

2. No Caffeine

3. No Processed Sugars

4. No animal products (no meat, eggs, fish, dairy etc)

5. No Gluten

Alot of thats wrong from my understanding. Caffeine can be very good for boosting metabolism, especially first thing in the morning, eggs, fish, milk and some meats also have high levels of protein which require more energy to digest etc and boost metabolism.

It's utter arse. It doesn't matter what things you don't eat if what you do eat is garbage. Or, is consumed in vast quantities, if you eat 4000 calories worth of fruit, veg & quorn a day but only burn 3000 you'll put on weight.

Ultimately, fat loss is all about calories. Eat less than you use, or use more than you eat and you'll lose weight.

Again not technically true.

It's massively simplified, granted, but for most people it's all they need to know, really. Don't eat crap and eat less than you use.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More exercise, and less of the foods you know ain't good for you. If u find yourself snacking at work then make a tub up of chopped fruit or veg to take with you. If you find u use the vending machines t work, don't take change into the office with you.

I used to eat about 4 takeaways a week for evening meals, and some kind of bakery food for lunch. Add to that about 3L of fizzy juicea day. Signed up for a half marathon so knocked that right down, and started making my meals from scratch. Found that my thirst dropped massively when I was eating better food. The target of th race helped, and since then I have slipped into sone bad habits, so consider setting yourself goals.

And lastly don't think of weight loss in terms of the weight. Think in measurements. I kick started I was 15stone with a 38" waist. Big change in diet and 20+ miles run a week and I was still 15 stone but a 34" waist. And feel far better for it too.

I've lost around 66lbs in the last few months.My advice would be, stop making daft excuses, write down EVERYTHING you eat/drink, look for small ways to improve don't make massively huge changes, look for things that 'aren't so bad' treats if you really need them. Oh and sod the word diet, don't change what you eat while you try to lose weight, change what you eat for the rest of your life.But be honest with yourself because if you cheat yourself then what's the point.losing weight only really works if your head is in the right place. If you really want to change, go for it, if you like your pizza and burgers too much then you're just not going to make it happen.Oh, and cook for yourself, be in control of what you take in.

• Paid Members

I've lost 5st since this time last year. 3 on Cambridge Weight plan, 2 by myself with diet and exercise.I'm also a great believer in thinking yourself fit. If you have the mentality that you're making progress it spurs you on to do more.

The "Simple" way is to calculate your BMR eat between 60-85% of calories shown, do 30 to 60 minutes of moderate exercise a day (break it down into chunks if you like e.g 3x20minutes) 5 days a week, eat healthy to get your vitamins etc in, have small but frequent portions, and treat yourself to a cheat day once a week.

Obviously the lower the percentage you consume of your BMR, the better the results. On the same token though, don't just eat nothing obviously. 60%minimum will be fine.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Thread resurrection!

I know not many (if any at all) will be interested, but I want to brag so fuck you :laugh:. I've lost just over 1 and 1/2 Stone in the last 5 or so weeks. I'm not exactly skinny yet, but i've dropped a waste size, and dropped a shirt size almost completely (some fit me now, some still only just don't).

I feel a lot healthier too, and my fitness has improved ten-fold. All from just not eating fat and sugar, and making sure to eat more fruit and veg (who'd have thought it?), I haven't had to starve myself or exercise furiously.

sorry to be a shameless plugger of non-healthy dieting.

Iv'e been taking Quick Trim tablets for four weeks and have lost 6 kilos (about 13 pounds)

I have a huge amount of post baby fat to lose though :)

• Paid Members

I've lost nearly a stone since I gave up beer for a month before my son was born then cut down on it since then. I'm trying to get under 12 stone but there's not much fat on me to lose.

So.......cutting out booze makes a hell of a difference if you want to lose weight and like a tipple.

Archived