WHAT DO YOU!?

Kata Ha Jime

I'm kind of up in the air at the moment. I'm working full time as a veterinary nurse (technically 'nursing auxiliary', but I still do everything the qualified nurses do even though legally I'm not allowed to - I just get paid a hell of a lot less for doing it) but I'm also a full time mature student at college as I don't wish to continue nursing and am hoping to go to uni to study Zoology next year instead.

The bastards I currently work for told me eight months ago that they would let me go part time when I started college, but then two weeks before I was due to start they told me they wouldn't do it anymore as it 'didn't suit business needs'. So now I'm on the look-out for a part time job, since working three 12 hour night shifts for minimum wage every weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday night - the most unsociable of unsociable hours - then college all day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) isn't suiting me, especially when I desparately need top marks on my college course to qualify for uni.

Rumour has it that they knew all along that they weren't going to drop my hours. That would make sense - they know I can't just leave as I need a source of income for the next year, so I would need to find something else before I pack in with them. So now I've got to juggle college, working for them and looking/applying/interviewing for work elsewhere too. Total C-O-N...spiracy! Not impressed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is the major wage earner in our house now after years of me busting my balls so the only thing I should be working on is my golf swing. Doing nothing sounds like fun but its boring and after years of grafting hard I found myself a job at Sky doing Broadband & Talk. Its a blue chip company, great pension, great benefits like free Sky and Broadband with free PPV and subsidised box office. I dont need to work but I genuienley like to and its all pocket money.

• Paid Members

Currently full time mother desperately looking for a job. Nothing here let alone with the right hours/permanent contract. Qualified in nursing and other odd bits and pieces but none of which help me on this god forsaken island.

• Paid Members

Until a few weeks ago I was a housing officer. Due to the fact that I refused to fuck people over and be honest with people, I was made to feel very uncomfortable, and told them to stick it up there arse. Was there 20 years. Bastards.

Currently living off my payoff, and when my contract ends, will be working for a proper housing association that will not be going into administration soon like the lame gobshites I have just left.

• Paid Members
Until a few weeks ago I was a housing officer. Due to the fact that I refused to fuck people over and be honest with people, I was made to feel very uncomfortable, and told them to stick it up there arse. Was there 20 years. Bastards.

Currently living off my payoff, and when my contract ends, will be working for a proper housing association that will not be going into administration soon like the lame gobshites I have just left.

I have a question- why are housing associations so shit when it comes to paying their service charges?

Archived