WHAT DO YOU!?

Kata Ha Jime

So, having FINALLY got a job after three ish years, I wondered if I could find out what your jobs are like, how you got into them, your routines, or stuff you do at work.

Now I'm not a talkative person so meeting new people is awkward but it has been ok so far as the people I have met are freindly so it's a bit easier. I'm still tuning my body to get up early and sitting in a chair for a while does start to hurt, so I walk around a bit. Enjoying it so far though.

So, if you wish to tell, what be your job thing?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work as an Offshore Chef. Got into by working in various hotel/restaurants etc for years..Got speaking to a pal who had a mate offshore and was told i could earn DOUBLE what i was getting for the same work. Looked into it and sure enough you could. 5 and half years later and im still at it. Good time off, just unfortunate that with rota's that you sometimes miss occasions, like birthdays, Xmas etc....but its still good money if you can get into it!

• Paid Members

I'm a games designer. I work for a company just outside Cambridge that makes educational games for kids. I mainly work on our key product Footee, a football based site targeted at kids between 7-14. We've just reached an agreement with the Premier League to make club specific versions of the site and have gone live with 3 trial clubs from the Football League (Crystal Palace, Huddersfield Town and Wycombe Wanderers). Aiming to get the first Premier League versions live in the next month or so.

• Paid Members

I'm a buyer for the UK's biggest pharmaceutical distributor, our company also owns 'Lloyds the chemist'. I've only been doing it a year, prior to this I was a purchasing manager for a mobile phone company.

I also promote stand-up comedy with a mate of mine (link in sig) which is much more fun & far more rewarding than staring at spreadsheets & arguing with suppliers all day.

• Paid Members

I work as a Video Editor/Motion Graphics/Graphic Designer for a few companies. Work full time in Preston and also work freelance. Part of my job involves editing Premiership matches live in the stadiums although I've cut back on it recently as the hours were stupid.

As my friends often like to remind me I get paid to colour in and watch football

Chilled Customer Assistant for the big Tesco in Havant. My job includes such delights as dealing with the usual blind, deaf and dumb "customers", playing piggy in the middle between managers, and running the whole department one day a week for no extra pay or respect. Oh, I'm also tilltrained, which is a license for the front end to rape me hourly.

Can't you tell I love my job :confused:

Still on the plus side, it's

• Paid Members

Software/hardware implementation engineer - I Install new versions of applications used to take your mugshots in police stations, I also install the said cameras!

I've seen some sights in my time I can assure you.

• Paid Members

PAYE and Self Assessment tax advisor for HMRC.

I deal with disgruntled taxpayers and accountants on a daily basis. Started about 10 years ago, went up 1 level and have kinda plodded along where I am. Would like a change to the work or a promotion.

Pay's ok and the people I work with are great. Can't complain too much.

I'll put my job up against anyone else's.

I work as a sound engineer for one of the largest entertainment companies in the world. Occasionally I get to work with famous actors, such as The Hoff last week, but generally i just dick around on the internet in my own soundproofed, air-conditioned studio listening to Michael MacDonald and playing video games on my 360, PS3, or high-end PC over my 5 grand surround sound system. Then I'll pop down to the in-house gym to work out a bit, or go to the in-house restaurant for some fresh sushi.

If occasionally, it might seem from my posts that I think I'm better than you, this is probably why :sneaky:

• Paid Members

Maybe nothing in 12 months time,. The company that mine work for (as a Logistics provider) has given us 12 months notice on the part of the Job i'm doing, and taking it in house. TUPE doesn't seem to apply as much in Sweden, so unless I get something else where I am I could be for the chop.

Enjoy it though, no 2 days the same, and lots of travel.

Archived