UFC on FOX I discussion

PowerButchi

The next 2 night's TV schedule is fucking packed if you're a fight fan.

Tyson Fury vs Neven Pajkicat - 9.45pm on Five

In Depth with Dana White - 12.30am on Premier Sports

Primetime: Velasquez vs Dos Santos - 1am Premier Sports

Live UFC on FOX: Velasquez vs Dos Santos - 2am Premier Sports

Plus Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 on Primetime with all the pre-fight shit atarting at 11pm and the fight itself will probably be around 4am Sunday morning.

Throw in UFC 137 highlights as well which follows the Fury/Pajkicat fight on Channel 5 at 11:15pm if people want to revisit that.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Who's everyone picking for the main event then?

I'm sticking with Cain, probably by decision. That was my original pick and I'm gonna stick with it but really who knows what will happen? Shoulder injuries can have a terrible effect on a fighter's career, just look at Jeff Lacy he was never the same after his injury. Not saying it will be the same for Cain but it's the first layoff of his career and we don't know if or how it will effect him.

And there's also been talk of Cain getting injuried again in the run up to this fight. Helwani asked Dana about it and Dana looked like he was gonna deny it but admitted it and tried to play it down as a non issue. All this could be nothing but it's worth thinking about.

Assuming Cain is 100% I'm going with him. I'd take Dos Santos to win the stand up, I think he's slightly better with his hands but I think this will come down to Cain's wrestling and stamina and the way he strings together his striking and wrestling could give JDS problems. Both guys are really dangerous but I've got a feeling this might go the distance, mainly because they both have great chins and will be very hard to finish. I think Dos Santos will do well early but Cain will use his takedowns and tire JDS out late in the fight and win on points. Just think Cain has more tools at his point, but JDS' power and the unknown factor of Cain possibly being injured/rusty makes this one very interesting.

I'm going with Cain by decision

• Paid Members

im rooting for Cain, although i'm a fan of both guys. I think the layoff and this little thing im hearing about Cain being hurt might be a factor though. However if Cain goes in there and dominates JDS, i think i'll be ready to label him amongst the best MMA heavyweights of all time, in fact i think whoever wins is going to put themselves in that list.

Archived