UFC on FOX I discussion

PowerButchi

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Man that's fucking great. Love the start bit showing what a clueless old twat Bob Arum is. This fight is gonna be crazy. Most anticipated MMA heavyweight fight in maybe ever for me.

Just watched this aswell, Ariel Helwani interviews Dana about the FOX show mainly, also touches on Joe Frazier

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/11/09/dana...nd-joe-frazier/

• Paid Members

I agree that this is the no.1/no.2 guy going at it, it makes it feel pretty special...to be fair though, outside of heavyweight the UFC do put on legit. no.1/no.2 fights on a regular basis, there aint many guys outside of the UFC that can lay claim to a no.2 in the world spot (Eddie Alvarez/Alistair Overeem are probably the only 2).

i don't really see how you can make a case for Lesnar being a legit no.2 even if he beats Overeem, the guys has like 30 seconds of success in his past 2 fights and for the rest of the time has been mashed...but whatever.

It's for this very reason that i'm thinking that Brock has very little chance against the Reem, that Velasquez beating is going to be fresh on his mind and to have a guy with probably the single most devastating strikes in MMA opposite you is not going to be a thing that fills him with confidence.

• Paid Members

just saw the Ariel Helwani/Dana White interview and Helwani addresses a report that Velasquez was injured in training. White fobs it off and says it was nothing that was even close to jeopardising the fight...it's sent alarm bells ringing for me though, perhaps Cain's in a position where he can't really afford to drop out and he will be going into the cage hurt on Saturday? interesting twist.

• Paid Members

Kimbo's over, I tell you.

The celebs are in full force for this show. I only watch the shows your supposed to watch (the big ones), so I'll give this a go.

The celebrity list for Saturday night's UFC show includes:

FOX NFL announcers Michael Strahan and Howie Long

Herry Shum Jr. and Matthew Morrison from the TV show "Glee"

Odette Annable and Jesse Spencer from the TV show "House"

Howie Mandel from the TV show "Mobbed"

Max Greenfield, Jake Johnson, Lamome Morris and Hannah Simone from the TV show "House"

Joelle Carter, Walton Goggins and Nick Searcy from the TV show "Justified"

Nick Kroll from the TV show "The League"

Dayton Callie and Ron Perlman from the TV show "Sons of Anarchy"

Dorian Brown, Fiona Gubelmann and Jason Gann from the TV show "Wilfred"

Jim Brown

Kelly Slater

Bas Rutten

Gina Carano

Mickey Rourke

David Arquette

Nicole Murphy

Ronnie Mund

Karina Smirnoff

Michael Bisping

Carlos Condit

Alistair Overeem

Dominick Cruz

Gilbert Melendez

Georges St. Pierre

Brian Stann

• Paid Members

The next 2 night's TV schedule is fucking packed if you're a fight fan.

Tyson Fury vs Neven Pajkicat - 9.45pm on Five

In Depth with Dana White - 12.30am on Premier Sports

Primetime: Velasquez vs Dos Santos - 1am Premier Sports

Live UFC on FOX: Velasquez vs Dos Santos - 2am Premier Sports

Plus Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 on Primetime with all the pre-fight shit atarting at 11pm and the fight itself will probably be around 4am Sunday morning.

• Paid Members

Usual Ariel Helwani pre fight interviews are up here with Cain, JDS, Guida, Henderson and ART JIMMERSON who is calling out Kimbo Slice for a boxing match :laugh:

http://www.mmafighting.com/

I keep seeing mentions of 'we'll find a way to get the Guida vs Henderson fight televised' aswell whatever that means. Maybe they're gonna air it somehow after tomorrow night's event.

Archived