UFC on FOX I discussion

PowerButchi

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Its been confirmed that the main broadcast will only feature one fight regardless of how long it goes. I can't wait to see if the UFC can match that 'big fight feel' that boxing has, as much as i love the UFC i've never really got the same feeling from i get from watching a huge boxing fight, its a completely different vibe. Dana White has admitted that that's what they are aiming for. Hopefully they pull it off :)

They've gotta find a way to show Guida vs Henderson on TV. It's the most important fight at 155 after Edgar/Maynard 3 they've gotta show it somewhere.

I love that they show the prelims on Facebook now but since they started that its harder to find the prelims in good quality. If they can get it aired as part of the main show I'll be chuffed.

Any news if this on uk tv yet?

They've gotta find a way to show Guida vs Henderson on TV. It's the most important fight at 155 after Edgar/Maynard 3 they've gotta show it somewhere.

I love that they show the prelims on Facebook now but since they started that its harder to find the prelims in good quality. If they can get it aired as part of the main show I'll be chuffed.

Any news if this on uk tv yet?

Yes. It's on Premier Sports.

• Paid Members
If the fight ends in the fight round they will show prelims. Its UFC they will always show prelims to fill up that gap.

Are you thick? Read above.

Dana has said regardless of the length of the title fight, no other fights will be shown.

• Paid Members

they won't. Dana White has said if the fight lasts 10 seconds, that's all that's getting aired. If it does end early, expect a ton of post fight stuff. Remember, by the time they get to the cage, get announced and fight, post fight in ring...even if the fights lasts a round you're looking at about 25-30mins. They'll just plug the gap with in studio stuff prob. An hour is hardly anything.

...and what you're forgetting is, this thing is a teaser for the proper Spike launch next year, that's why its an hour long. Its an introduction of the brand (and a test run for the channel to get feedback etc.). The risk is, fighting is so unpredictable that having 1 fight basically advertise your show is a big risk to take, imagine if a Belfort/Couture 1 situation takes place, it would be a disaster! I'll be on fucking eggshells watching it, praying that it goes as well as possible.

I would like to see them get that Henderson/Guida fight aired, every MMA fan would but unfortunately it aint going to happen. Im finding it hard to see why the UFC even put that fight on this show now, surely it would have served more purpose co-headlining the December PPV? But it is available online, so at least it is getting aired (what sucks for me is that i'll be out next Saturday, noooo!)

Archived