UFC on FOX I discussion

PowerButchi

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

just watched the weigh-in's. The crowd loves Cain Velasquez, i think Cain might be on the verge of breaking into that superstar section the UFC has. To hardcore fans he's already there but i think he's a guy that will cross over to the mainstream, the guy doesn't do anything fancy or talk shit he just has an aura about him, plus he looks like he could fuck your day up. Excellent.

Couple of other random observations...

Why does Clay Guida wear so many things to a weigh-in? it takes him 5 minutes to get undressed.

Like to give some props to Aaron Rosa, the guy weighed in at 204, take into consideration that at 131 back in June he weighed 261. That guy has lost some f'n weight. Just goes to show what a UFC slot can do for these guys, Rosa used to be a 205'er but i guess fighting on the regional circuit whilst holding down a full time job can lead to people fighting above their weight, but he earned a shot and it looks like he's grabbing it with both hands. Good luck to him.

35-aaron-rosa-ufc-131-w-0066.jpg

aaron-rosa.JPG

• Paid Members

033cainvelasquezandjuniordossantos_large.jpg

Main Card:

Cain Velasquez (249) vs. Junior Dos Santos (239)

Preliminary Card:

Clay Guida (156) vs. Ben Henderson (156)

Pablo Garza (145) vs. Dustin Poirier (146)

Ricardo Lamas (145) vs. Cub Swanson (145)

Clay Harvsion (169) vs. DaMarques Johnson (171)

Norifumi Yamamoto (135) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (135)

Robert Peralta (145) vs. Mackens Semerzier (146)

Alex Caceres (136) vs. Cole Escovedo (134)

Paul Bradley (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)

Matt Lucas (203) vs. Aaron Rosa (204)

• Paid Members

I was surprised that JDS actually got alot of boos and Cain got a much better reaction. I imagine that might be down to the Cali/Mexico connections though. Also is this one of the heaviest that Cain had weighed in at? I thought he was normally arond 235lbs ish?

I've been looking to follow UFC and MMA in general for quite some time now and this looks as good a time as any to start. I really am a novice with the UFC so if anybody can point me in the direction of how I can watch this tonight and what time it starts then it would be appreciated. I'd have a flick through this thread but I'm on my phone at the moment and internet coverage is not fantastic where I am at the minute. Cheers.

I've been looking to follow UFC and MMA in general for quite some time now and this looks as good a time as any to start. I really am a novice with the UFC so if anybody can point me in the direction of how I can watch this tonight and what time it starts then it would be appreciated. I'd have a flick through this thread but I'm on my phone at the moment and internet coverage is not fantastic where I am at the minute. Cheers.

2am on Premier Sports. I think its Channel 433 on Sky, its free as well.

Next weeks event would be a good fun way to start following the sport as well, it should deliever a very entertaining show. That will be on ESPN at 2am I believe.

• Paid Members

Aaron Rose looks like a different person.

I think when Aaron was in Elite XC he wasn't in bad shape. If I recall correctly, when Ken Shamrock got cut he was one of the guys in the running to fight Kimbo. He was Seth Petruzelli's scheduled opponent that night. Instead of him though Elite XC went with Seth. A bad move because Seth was a known quantity and everyone knew where he stood in the grand scheme of things. Aaron at that stage was undefeated and hadn't been exposed in the same way. Prior to the Kimbo fight the last time Petruzelli was seen on the national stage was when he was being pounded into a bloody mess by Matt Hamill.

• Paid Members

Fair play to Aaron Rosa, what a difference. I think we were commenting after UFC 131 how shocked we were that he'd got so out of shape, it was a shock after seeing him at 205. He's obviously taking this chance very serious.

Why does Clay Guida wear so many things to a weigh-in? it takes him 5 minutes to get undressed.

Haha yeah and how come everytime he wins a fight he's got a dead mate to pay tribute to in his post fight interview? Me and my brother noticed this and now expect it. Whenever he wins we go 'I wonder who's died this time'. Near enough every time someone's died. A college mate, a wrestling coach.

Who next? "I wanna give a quick shout out, the world lost a good man last night. Pat my local milkman died last night. He was always there for me with 2 pints of semi skimmed. You'll be missed buddy"

He's a fucking curse, he seems like a cool guy but fuck, I'd hate to be his mate. Your days are numbered until you're his latest post fight tribute.

This is the perfect time to start following MMA mate. Cain vs JDS tonight is the biggest fight of the year bar none. If you've got ESPN you've got UFC 139 which is fucking stacked (Shogun/Hendo, Wand/Le, Faber/Bowles) then 140 (Jones/Machida, Nog vs Mir 2) and 141 with the massive Lesnar vs Overeem fight. Plus the TUF finale is on FX with Bisping vs Mayhem. The rest of 2011 is loaded with some massive fights.

just watched the weigh-in's. The crowd loves Cain Velasquez, i think Cain might be on the verge of breaking into that superstar section the UFC has. To hardcore fans he's already there but i think he's a guy that will cross over to the mainstream, the guy doesn't do anything fancy or talk shit he just has an aura about him, plus he looks like he could fuck your day up. Excellent.

Couple of other random observations...

Like to give some props to Aaron Rosa, the guy weighed in at 204, take into consideration that at 131 back in June he weighed 261. That guy has lost some f'n weight. Just goes to show what a UFC slot can do for these guys, Rosa used to be a 205'er but i guess fighting on the regional circuit whilst holding down a full time job can lead to people fighting above their weight, but he earned a shot and it looks like he's grabbing it with both hands. Good luck to him.

35-aaron-rosa-ufc-131-w-0066.jpg

aaron-rosa.JPG

You think that's good, elsewhere on the card Matt Lucas has got himself down to 203lbs. He was much heavier than that on Little Britain LOL!

Think Cain's wrestling will be a huge factor in this one. Although, I imagine Dana will brief them to stand, bang and have a war to impress the neutrals. Exciting times for UFC.

• Paid Members
I imagine Dana will brief them to stand, bang and have a war to impress the neutrals. Exciting times for UFC.

I hope you're not being serious, Mick.

I believe Cain's lay off and his surgery are gonna be a huge factor and I don't think Cain's is gonna be able to put JDS on his back so easily. JDS showed great TDD in the Carwin fight and didn't look remotely like being taken down. Cain is better wrestler than Carwin of course but I just can't see it, especially after the rotator cuff injury. Also you got think what his Cardio is gonna be like after 13 months on the shelf, Dos Santos has fought in the mean time and didn't look too blown up when his last 2 fights went to decision. If Junior manages to stuff the initial take downs I believe Cain will try and stand with him and in that type of fight I'm picking JDS.

Whatever happens, I'll be on the edge of my seat.

Archived