UFC on FOX I discussion

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

yeh, i know :laugh: but this time i just can't see him pulling it off. Henderson is one of the strongest guys in the division, he's proven he can go 5 rounds, and i don't think he'll shut down when things stop going his away (like Maynard and Penn). Henderson has a kind of tenaciousness and will to win that those guys lack in my opinion.

People will say Edgar has the better hands but Maynard and Penn are more straight boxers as well where as Henderson brings a much more varied striking game into the cage, so i can't see Edgar getting a better of the standup or the wrestling against Henderson.

I just can't see it!! there's no path!!

Henderson's going to win.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Henderson can do all things.....THROUGH CHRIST. Even beat Frankie Edgar.

I'm really not sure with that fight. Both guys have amazing drive to win and there's no quit in either of them. They match up very evenly imo. I'll park my arse on the fence until closer to fight time for that one.

I hope Henderson loses, simply because he feels that God & Jesus help him beat other people.

..for money. Don't forget that.

I find it funny and a bit sad that so many MMA fighters thank God for giving them the strength to beat other people up for cash. It would be fair enough if they all gave 50% of their winnings to their local church or something, but I doubt that's the case much!

Edgar vs Bendo will play out a lot like Maynard vs Edgar in my view, just that Edgar wont get clipped as often. Edgar is a far better boxer than Bendo, I see Edgar winning, maybe Bendo will get a round of him by taking him down but that is about it, he wont be able to do it consistantly.

• Paid Members
I was one of the few who picked Edgar to beat Penn (both times) and for him to beat Maynard, but even I'm picking Henderson to win this one.

I think the reach and strength advantage Henderson has will play a massive part in the fight, as will the frequency of leg kicks by him.

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

From Da Meltz:

--The actual audience for the Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos fight itself on FOX was 8.77 million. Keep in mind that the actual U.S. audience would probably be closer to 10 million because it aired on Fox Deportes, and because of Velasquez, the ratings among Spanish viewers were higher than non-Spanish viewers. It would make it the most watched MMA fight, boxing match or pro wrestling match on U.S. television in more than eight years. What is even more impressive is that was a 64 second fight and in big fights, the rating usually grows by more than 1 million viewers so if it had gone any time, it's mind boggling where it would have ended up.

Updated later to say 1 million for Deportes, so 9.8 million total.

Apparantly once the fight ended it was down to 5.9 million within three minutes.

Archived