Your Karaoke Highlights and Lowlights.

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I'm partial to a bit of karaoke every now and then. Karaoke nights are often a good laugh and it never seems to get boring. There's always something to talk about, whether that person was quite good, quite shit, whether they could go on X-Factor, etc.

So go on, what are your favourite anthems that you belt out when the occasion calls? Are you any good? Or do you absolutely destroy and murder some of your chosen songs?

Even better if you're brave enough, show off your skills and post a clip or two of your singing endeavors and let your fellow UKFF'ers play Simon Cowell and judge your singing prowess for themselves. Who knows, if this takes off I might even arrange a prize for those of you with the best pipes or singing tekkers.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I've not done it loads, but at a recent go at a karaoke I found a good karaoke number.

It's a great song, it's fun to sing, and is within my vocal range: Stevie Wonder - Part Time Lover. I think that's gonna be my go-to karaoke joint, should I require one (I think it's quite likely to be in most karaoke collections).

• Paid Members

I host Rock Band parties at my house every week so I tend to do a hell of a lot of singing these days, love it. My specialties at the moment are anything by Green Day, with 'Jesus of Suburbia' and 'Holiday' being my favourites, and then Foo Fighters and Chili Peppers. I've never videoed it but it could be a laugh....might have a go next week.

I'm dreadful but will normally give it a go if i'm somewhere with it on and i've had a couple so done it a fair bit. Lowlight would be singing 'Man I feel like a woman' with a mate's then girlfriend and highlight would either be singing snooker loopy with a mate (hard song to sing unbelievably, well it was for me anyway ) in a Yates' or murdering The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang because I kept getting out of breath :laugh: Was a song i'd always wanted to give a go because I know most of the words.

I always enjoy it, it's a good laugh but can never decide what to sing, especially now most have every song ever.

• Paid Members

My 'money in the bank' tune is 'Here I Go Again' by Whitesnake. IMO you need a tune you already know all the words to so you can perform it when too pissed to read the words & also had an air of real performance to the track, not just standing still reading off the screen.

My low point would be in Ayia Napa when I put myself down for 'Take It Easy' by The Eagles but as I was wrecked I wrote the number down wrong & ended up doing 'Mr Loverman' by Shabba Ranks....badly

• Awards Moderator

I rarely do it, but me and my best mate have some uncontrollable urge to always get up and sing Hey Jude whenever he's home from London or we're away on holiday. Neither of us can sing, we know we're making tits of ourselves but for some reason we continue to do it. I've got a video knocking about of us doing it in New York a few years ago which I'll see if I can dig out. We sound like Chewbacca's missus getting anal.

• Paid Members

Only ever done it twice. Mainly because my singing voice is so bad, my Dad banned me from singing along to the radio in the back of the car when I was a kid.

When I was about 13, I did a great version of "Achey Break Heart" that everyone loved. Fuck knows what happened that day but it came together. Then on Millennium Eve, I got pissed up and ended up singing the entire Grease soundtrack with my Auntie at 4 in the morning in a marquee in Liverpool. Some people said we were great, which proves that they'd drunk even more than I had.

• Moderators

I love to sing Funk, Soul and Motown. However, my best song is probably Love on the Rocks by Neil DIamond. Which is strange because I fucking hate the song.

http://www.singsnap.com/ has online Karaoke which you can upload. We should all man up and have a song on there.

• Paid Members
I love to sing Funk, Soul and Motown. However, my best song is probably Love on the Rocks by Neil DIamond. Which is strange because I fucking hate the song.

http://www.singsnap.com/ has online Karaoke which you can upload. We should all man up and have a song on there.

Surely being Welsh you've a distinct advantage over the rest of us? I imagine you've been in male voice choirs since primary school.

• Paid Members

I have the worst singing voice known to man.

The only time I've ever sung karaoke was when I was 15. Me and few of my mates managed to get into a local pub. Unfortunately our P.E Teacher was a patron that evening and advised that if we didn't sing 'Delilah' the bar staff would be informed of our youth.

What an atrocious performance it was. Fuck you Mr Freeguard.

• Moderators
I have the worst singing voice known to man.

The only time I've ever sung karaoke was when I was 15. Me and few of my mates managed to get into a local pub. Unfortunately our P.E Teacher was a patron that evening and advised that if we didn't sing 'Delilah' the bar staff would be informed of our youth.

What an atrocious performance it was. Fuck you Mr Freeguard.

That's brilliant. He sounds like a star.

• Paid Members

I love Karaoke with a large group of mates. I have no shame.

My first foray was when I was quite young, on a family holiday, when I was coerced into singing Yellow Submarine. It didn't end well.

I sang It Wasn't Me by Shaggy when I was a little older.

First time with a massive group was "Reach" by S Club 7 when I was 17 in the only gay bar in Boston as it was the only place that served under 18s.

There used to be a fantastic Karaoke bar in Norwich called Sing Sing, which has since closed down, and me and a group of mates went a couple of times. Me and two mates sang the Backstreet Boys, and the Bad Touch and a variety of other songs.

I can't sing for shit, but it's a nice laugh.

Archived