Your Karaoke Highlights and Lowlights.

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I once, when very drunk, sang Gay bar. And danced. Including thrusting my groin literally inches from the face of a former bouncer. And I licked his bald head. And rubbed my nipples in front of him. Oh, and my mam was running the karaoke.

Thankfully my sisters attempt to tape it on her mobile didnt work due to the lack of lighting.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of me mates is Karaoke mental, so much so that she will go to any pub, no matter how much of a dive and sing if they have Karaoke on

She is really good mind you and really should be in a band, not just saying that, she does singers nights and everything else and is just to scared to do it. but Karaoke on stage in front of hundreds of people in competitions is fine, which I find odd

As for myself. only done 4 times Im neither great nor rubbish, Sung along to Metallica- Unforgiven, Creed-Higher, Shed Seven- Disco Down and Green Day Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). Didnt get boo'ed or laughed at so couldnt have been that bad.

The main problem I have with Karaoke, is that whilst I know many tunes, its very seldom I know the words to a song and as such it puts me off a lil

• Paid Members

I love a bit of Karaoke, you don't have to be good, just have a laugh!

I'm rather partial to Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Andy Williams, I'll even be brave enough to be the first to post a video! It's from a couple of years ago.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

When The Going Gets Tough - Boyzone

Couple of low points would be Boom Shake The Room and even worse than that me and my friend Kim thought we would be the nuts at Breaking Free from High School Musical, we discovered as the music began that we really weren't :(

Boom Shake The Room

Breaking Free

I host Rock Band parties at my house every week so I tend to do a hell of a lot of singing these days, love it. My specialties at the moment are anything by Green Day, with 'Jesus of Suburbia' and 'Holiday' being my favourites, and then Foo Fighters and Chili Peppers. I've never videoed it but it could be a laugh....might have a go next week.

Rock Band parties sounds like an utterly brilliant idea. I might have to suggest that to my housemates...

I enjoy a bit of karaoke occasionally. My friends usually wait until they're quite drunk before signing up, but since I don't drink I often find myself jumping in long before them. I formed a mime band with some friends during Sixth Form for my school's talent show (it was being run for charity and they were filming auditions etc. We offered to go in as a joke audition for people to laugh at and ended up being really popular), but one night decided to sing our favourite film themes. The battle over who would be John Travolta ran for quite some time, but we absolutely killed at Ghostbusters.

I don't think it's so important to sound great, it's about enjoying yourself and having some good energy. That's why I love it.

• Paid Members
Can't get the links Kris, cos I'm at work. I'll post mine later and we can have a Fresh Prince off.

*Shudders*

Trust me, in this video I'm white (as I am in most videos) about 18 stone, slightly pissed, did I mention white? I'm like drunk Dad at a wedding! You can't possibly be worse!

Trust me, in this video I'm white (as I am in most videos) about 18 stone, slightly pissed, did I mention white? I'm like drunk Dad at a wedding! You can't possibly be worse!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video...?v=160174470842

There you are. Luckily I'm not in shot, and the geezer singing the chorus is the Resident Pub Numpty. Although his groupies seem impressed.

I have a naturally poor singing voice which gets worse with drink, so on karaoke nights I cover this up by doing pop/rap classics like 5ive's 'If Ya Gettin' Down' or Will Smith's 'Wild Wild West'. I usually refuse to look at the screen while doing them as a sort of party piece to amaze and astound people who are easily impressed.

The exception to the bad singing is Billy Joel's 'Piano Man', which I apparently sing very well (but, you know, it's not the sort of karaoke tune you can bust out in Yates's when it's packed to the brim with hen parties).

• Paid Members
Anyone who sings "Angels" by Robbie Williams is a cunt.

A tradition proudly started by Rob himself, clearly.

I sang November Rain in duet with my mate's girlfriend (now wife) in 2004, and was told it was good but I reckon she must have carried it, she has a cracking singing voice. Unfortunately usually lends it to dull cliched bollocks like "Hero" and "Don't Go Breaking My Heart."

Over in Japan I sang a few with my mate - Enter Sandman, Voodoo Child, Paradise City - before having a bash at Love Will Tear Us Apart, which I crooned along to "trying to be Curtis". My accomplices told me it sounded good, but I dont trust them because it was 5:30 AM and they were equally obliterated. I also gave Hailey a hand with "Tonight Tonight" despite knowing none of the words. Well, knowing two of the words.

Still, there's a world of difference between the private booths and singing for the Dog and Duck masses, can't imagine I'll be doing that any time soon.

i must be a cunt then cos ive sang angels i couple of times both on karaoke and on a stage in the bingo club i worked at

ive also sang the following

my girl by the temptations

what becomes of the broken hearted by jimmy ruffin

you to me are everything by the real thing

surfin usa by the beach boys

farewell my summer love by michael jackson

I love Karaoke even though i'm not the best of singers.

My highlights are probably singing "Addicted To Love" by Robert Palmer while rocking out in a suit and singing "White Wedding" by Billy Idol at this years Download festival when they did Rockaoke which for anyone who doesn't know is basically karaoke but with a live band.

My lowlight is without a doubt trying to sing "Kiss" by Prince, i love the song but i don't exactly have the vocal range to pull it off. It was horrific and thankfully not captured on camera.

Archived