The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Paid Members

I love when Vampiro loses his shit on commentary and jumps out of his chair and runs around in excitement. It's so cool to see something so genuine from a commentator. He did it after that close two count on the roll up by Ivelisse. What a guy. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that could not have been any better.  Katarina looks better than she did last season.  Everything about that episode was perfect...until the end.  PENTAGON F****N JR!!!!  He made it better than perfect. CERO MIEDO

I never thought that in 2015/16 that Vampiro would be one of my fav onscreen characters, I already had a soft spot for him and his bullshit but didn't think he'd ever be a major player on a TV show.

Everything about this episode was great, I felt like a kid getting all excited at every little thing.

Yay!! It's back and what a fucking opener

. Was just wow from the Vampiro start to the Mantanza end.

Lu has authority figures that you give a shit about, commentators get fucking epic promos and despite the crazy its all logical and progressive storylines.

Lost my shit when Ivelisse got two! women and men always are equal in Lu with both main women's wrestlers having high profile matches.

Best wrestling show, possibly ever if this keeps up

• Paid Members

Right. Clearly, I need to get in on this. I haven't watched much wrestling in a few years now, and this sounds like the perfect way to get back to it. I take it it's available in all the usual places for people without access to the TV channel they're on?

I just re-watched the opening 5 minutes. That must be the most well produced bit of "pro wrestling footage" I've ever scene. The quality of cameras and camera-work, the sets, the direction, colour-grade, everything! If you replaced the flashbacks shots of Vampiro with streetfighting scenes instead of wrestling clips, it would look just like the start of some action or martial arts movie. It's such a brilliant contrast to the overbearing amount of reality TV style crap you get in WWE and TNA. There's no-one getting the piss ripped out of them for laughs, no-one breaking character to be cool, virtually everyone has a purpose for being there and most of the roster are cool as fuck.

That opening bit made Vampiro look like a fucking badass killer and made Striker look like his cool, handsome buddy. Just to be clear, that's fat, bullshitting Vampiro and creepy Matt Striker for crying out loud! Looking badass and cool!? This show can make anyone great!

• Paid Members

Right. Clearly, I need to get in on this. I haven't watched much wrestling in a few years now, and this sounds like the perfect way to get back to it. I take it it's available in all the usual places for people without access to the TV channel they're on?

It is indeed.

• Paid Members

Full episodes on DailyMotion in HD.

• Paid Members

There's not a lot to add at this point! That Vampiro scene to open was fucking incredible. Funny how much he looks like Kane these days. As mentioned, it could have been the opening to any top TV show. It looked incredible and the acting was superb.

The rest was much more the traditional wrestling show. They continue to beautifully bridge a gap between Lucha and US wrestling. Some of the lucha aspect are my least favourite bits of the show. the blatant co-operation and the setting up of moves before they happen. That's a very small complaint though for a show that is well booked, well shot, has relentless action interspresed with tremendous vignettes that never feel like a waste of time.

I lost track half way through the last series but through the vignettes and the commentary I felt like I'd caught up on everything before it happened to the point where nothing was confusing. They have plenty of side angles running but the title is always the focus. Mil Muertes sitting and surveying his territory. Fenix and Cuerno scrapping for a shot. Havoc, Angelico and Ivelisse immediately putting friendship aside because a title shot is bigger. Puma making it his business to be involved and then Pentagon Jr. arriving to stake a claim. It's how it should be. We all want a shot, you sort out the order in which we get it.

Archived