The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They'll be showing the matches on their Sin Límite TV show in a couple of weeks, and it should look and sound better (although in Spanish!) on that. It's a shame because, despite some terrible luck, they've had a great year.

• Paid Members

Rey Mysterio is now wearing long pants with boots over them these days, similar to his old AAA/WCW costume. Which amazes me, since the reason he started wearing long pleather is because he wore heavy knee braces on each leg. He looks better than he has in years as well. I wonder if he claim that stem cell injections have stopped his run of injuries is true. He had his working boots on for sure in that main event. He's all jacked up as well. He recently did the ESPN body shoot, which is the first time in years he's got his tits out.

And he came out to Konnan's WCW theme music, which was a surprise. "From the lucha libre to the WCW ... nWo you set it off and its on now." Didnt expect to hear that in 2015!

• 2 weeks later...

CMLL continues its streak of awesome anniversary main events. Atlantis vs. La Sombra has been announced as the main event for the 82nd CMLL anniversary show (September 18th).

Also LA Park and Dr. Wagner Jr. are both coming back to CMLL. I know they both have their issues (that will probably eventually cut their runs short), but I'm very excited to see them back. Now book them against Los Ingobernables, please!

Watched Wagner and Park's return tonight and man what a fun match that was. Lots of cool little moments in it. Arena Mexico being packed and loud is always a joy to watch. Very, very fun match. Chaotic and fun. Wagner and Park being back has put some much needed energy into CMLL.

Link to the match: http://www.clarosports.com/lucha-libre/cmll/detalle/pelea-estelar-del-viernes-28-de-agosto-cmll-100878/

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed that. Just a mad fight.

I don't watch CMLL year-round these days, but follow the goings-on and do always make sure to start watching again in the weeks building up to the Anniversary show.

So awesome seeing L.A. Park and Dr. Wagner Jr. back in CMLL. Two of my all-time favourites, and bring a level of star power and charisma on another level.

Atlantis vs. La Sombra seems to have come out of nowhere as a mask vs. mask bout, but I'm not complaining. It's huge, and should be awesome drama. There's presumably something happening between Ultimo Guerrero and Thunder (and their respective gangs of rudos) too, and possibly L.A. Park & Volador Jr. (& maybe another family member?) vs. Rush & Dr. Wagner Jr. (& someone else?).

I'm assuming the big one will be streamed live again, on Terra, or ClaroSports, or even the CMLL YouTube channel (which they've done some trials on recently), which is always a pleasure I look forward to. I always say it, but 15-20 years ago the possibility of watching a major lucha show, live, in perfect HD, and not a dodgy-dubbed VHS or DVD some weeks or months later, would have blown my mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived