Sign in to follow this  
AJ~

#theukff - The Official UKFF Chat Room

So, any reason why we're not using Slack for this? Seems perfect. And completely safe for work, too.

I seem to remember suggesting Slack a while back. It's a good idea. Think of all the gifs. Also it's available on desktop and mobile so it can be active at all times!

Slack is pretty good tbh. It's a nice halfway house between live chat and a message board. Perfect for something like this.

Surprised you don't use it in work, Chest. Seems pretty industry standard.

https://theukff.slack.com/now exists but there is one drawback - as far as I can tell, you can only add people by inviting them via their email address.

It's big in the new media and startup culture. It's not really penetrated the corporates yet who already have Lync or Google Hangouts as part of their package.

Surprised you don't use it in work, Chest. Seems pretty industry standard.

https://theukff.slack.com/now exists but there is one drawback - as far as I can tell, you can only add people by inviting them via their email address.

If you're up for it, I'm sure those who want in could send you a PM with their email address to be invited? I already use Slack a lot and love it so this would be fun.

Adding by e-mail address is a good system. Means only legit and decent members get invited.

Sure, everyone DM their email addresses then, I'll send out some invites!

Got my email from EligiAU so I'm all set. However, Cov are in the JPT final on Sunday afternoon so I might be on the sauce.