Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members
Why not? What does it matter anyway? It's not like it fundamentally unbalances the game. To me it looks like Finlay passed the helmet without trying to use it, then Teedy did use it. We have no way of knowing f there's a scum helmet and a town helmet or just twwo helmets. Try a little Occam's Razor, guys.

That's difficult, as both choices have serious consequences- if they are neutral the next question to ask would be if the Scum already knew what the helmets did? if so, they'd have done what Finlay did and avoid wearing them altogether, and only a highly-confident townie would want to challenge someone who he thinks is Scum to wear one in future.

If they are not neutral, then this will be the only battle as the Scum won't want to wear their helmet unless the mod forces it.

I want to hear Teedy's argument before voting.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
That's difficult, as both choices have serious consequences- if they are neutral the next question to ask would be if the Scum already knew what the helmets did? if so, they'd have done what Finlay did and avoid wearing them altogether, and only a highly-confident townie would want to challenge someone who he thinks is Scum to wear one in future.

If they are not neutral, then this will be the only battle as the Scum won't want to wear their helmet unless the mod forces it.

I want to hear Teedy's argument before voting.

Seph - Surely if I was scum and knew what the helmet did, I wouldn't have picked it up in the first place?

This might be the only battle anyway. We only know what these helmets do. Anything else that's dropped might do something different.

Chris is right. You have to assume one of them is scum, otherwise the game is unbalanced.

Kenny, why would you rather have the helmet than scum? Surely at this point, it'd be great if 2 scum picked up helmets?

I picked it up because I'd rather have it than scum. I tried using the helmet. It seemed as though nothing had happened. At that point I tried to get rid of it but couldn't. Then I was in a fucking battle cage.

• Paid Members
I picked it up because I'd rather have it than scum. I tried using the helmet. It seemed as though nothing had happened. At that point I tried to get rid of it but couldn't. Then I was in a fucking battle cage.

:laugh:

• Paid Members
Finlay, do you not think it's a fundamental flaw if both helmet holders are town?

Dunno. It's not like Snake just picked two people and pulled them into the Battle Zone. He dropped the helmets and let us decide what to do with them. If two town decided to use them then we couldn't hit scum, but the reverse would be true if two scum used them wouldn't it?

• Paid Members

Aah fuck.

Damn you unfitfinlay.

I am town.

I have tried to type this post 9 times, the above three words are all I am willing to say. If Kenny Role Claims I may have to role claim, I may not if he's better than me, but I do not want to give the Villains any type of upper hand whether I be Vanilla or Hawkeye (as I requested)

Fuck.

Definitely wait at L-1 on me though folks.

VOTE KENNY

Reason? Because I have to!

• Paid Members

And see, I've just re-read that and thought:

"He's trying to get Kenny to roleclaim so he can counter-roleclaim with a better skill set"

Bollocks indeed.

So fuck it, I am Doctor Strange, I three abilities that I can utilise in the form of Spell Casting, I am not divulging those abilities at this time however

• Paid Members
And see, I've just re-read that and thought:

"He's trying to get Kenny to roleclaim so he can counter-roleclaim with a better skill set"

Bollocks indeed.

So fuck it, I am Doctor Strange, I three abilities that I can utilise in the form of Spell Casting, I am not divulging those abilities at this time however

So you're a wizard? Wizards are not superheroes.

• Paid Members
So you're a wizard? Wizards are not superheroes.

If we're going on hero/villain lines, Dr Strange is, indeed, a hero. He's one of the Avengers.

I'm not saying I entirely believe the roleclaim, but I'm not against it either. If Dr Strange is in the game, I'd expect Dormammu, Dr Mordo or Dr Doom to be in it as well.

unvote, Vote Kenny McBride

I'm not comfortable with the play of 'and if Teedy is town, then Finlay is likely scum'. Add that with Kenny trying to use it and then pass it on...hmm.

Teedy, could you tell us what happened when you PM'd your 'use' to Snake? What was the response like?

Kenny, your turn to tell me why you shouldn't be lynched.

I would still like to hear from Kenny before voting, but again, as it stands I'm more in favour of Teedy surviving. His roleclaim rings true to me, Dr. Strange is a powerful character and he is definently a superhero Andy, teaming with just about everyone in Marvel.

I'm not claiming until and unless I have to, but I AM town and I AM worth keeping around. I never said I thought Teedy was scum. I just think that of the two of us, Teedy gives us more of a lead to work on. If I die, who's your next suspect? And what about Teedy? Between the interaction with Finlay and his sudden roleclaim, I think there's more to figure out there.

Oh, and

VOTE Teedy Kay

Archived