Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a horrible suspicision that either way we'll lose a hero. I could be wrong but I've not picked up on anything either has done being particularly scummy.

As it stands I'll probably go for Kenny, for no other reason than he tried to use his helmet and then get rid of it, while Teedy was given it. It's hardly anything to go on so I don't know.

• Paid Members

Not keen on this as a turn in the game, to be honest, as if neither is scum, then it's anti-town. If one of them is scum, it makes it obvious.

However, I'm going to assume one of them must be, and Teedy Kay's public 'use helmet' was a little too obvious for my liking, since it was meant to be done by PM. It also strikes me a little more as 'wait and see', rather then recklessly trying to use it.

Vote: Teedy Kay

OK. I picked up the helmet and tried to use it. Is that a scum action? I'd rather I had it than scum. Unfitfinlay said the same thing...but then handed it off. Why did he trust Teedy? Or was he trying to cause Teedy a problem? I don't like it, but I'd rather Teedy died than me. It'll get us more info than killing me.

• Paid Members
OK. I picked up the helmet and tried to use it. Is that a scum action? I'd rather I had it than scum. Unfitfinlay said the same thing...but then handed it off. Why did he trust Teedy? Or was he trying to cause Teedy a problem? I don't like it, but I'd rather Teedy died than me. It'll get us more info than killing me.

I think that is probably right. If we kill teedy and he is town then that would probably mean that unfitfinlay is scum as he couldnt use the "town" helmet

• Paid Members
I think that is probably right. If we kill teedy and he is town then that would probably mean that unfitfinlay is scum as he couldnt use the "town" helmet

th_stewie.gif

So, you think Snake would put two town players in a battle based on who first picked up an item?

• Paid Members

Kenny - what makes you think I don't have good reasons for the things I do?

Lion, where did I say that I "couldn't" use the helmet?

Also for your theory to work, wouldn't that mean that Kenny also has to be scum? As he would have the scum helmet?

th_stewie.gif

So, you think Snake would put two town players in a battle based on who first picked up an item?

Why not? What does it matter anyway? It's not like it fundamentally unbalances the game. To me it looks like Finlay passed the helmet without trying to use it, then Teedy did use it. We have no way of knowing f there's a scum helmet and a town helmet or just twwo helmets. Try a little Occam's Razor, guys.

• Paid Members
Finlay - I'm sure you do. I just don't know what your reasons are. I do know mine.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I really had intended to just keep the helmet but got a PM from Snake that made it clear that that wasn't an option. Given the stuff about positive and negative effects, my theory at the time was that the helmets would give the bearer investigative powers but that only one of them would be accurate, which just seemed like a bit of a ball ache to me.

Also, as obnoxious and egotistical as it may sound, I think I've got a decent shout at getting taken out tonight and I figured it would be better to keep the helmet, and whatever it did, in the game. Teedy seemed be playing his normal town game so I took a gamble and gave it to him.

Anymore questions?

• Paid Members

Chris is right. You have to assume one of them is scum, otherwise the game is unbalanced.

Kenny, why would you rather have the helmet than scum? Surely at this point, it'd be great if 2 scum picked up helmets?

Archived